Monday, October 27, 2008

The Formula Explained

THE SHORT STORY

Spend five minutes LISTENING to Mike Singletary, interim coach of the San Fransico 49'ers, explain why he sent one his players to the locker room during the game.

The cat, Vernon Davis had incurred a 15-yard penalty and walked off the field and sat on the bench. Mike wasn't having that, and told him he could leave.

Would LOVE to hear what you thought of what he said. I WILL definitely explain what I heard. Oh BTW, spoke with my ex-wife ... interesting, and AKA hasn't called, but did send some email links and stuff. Que sera. Oh, and today is Tee Jay's official B-Day, and I took her some roses and came home.

But Mike Singletary is riveting. You can imagine if he is this way as a coach, what he was like as a player! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

I saw this on ESPN today. All I can say is GOOD FOR HIM!!!! He definately did the right thing...

Ken Riches said...

He played all out, each and every plan, each and every day as a player. He was one of the Bears mainstays for many years. You can see the emotion he has, and he cares about the team and his players. I hope he becomes permanent, vs. interim. Could never stand the 49ers when I lived there, but could tolerate if it was Mike as the coach.

Beth said...

I love his philosophy. My favorite teams (especially in basketball) are those that are cohesive as a TEAM. No huge superstar, just working together to win.

Hugs, Beth

betty said...

humble man!! I liked what he said; not pretentious at all; I liked how he handled the situation; it is the whole team, not just one player and a player can't think he is the whole team!

betty

Monica said...

WoW, if he remains the coach, I just might become a 49er's fan again! It is about the TEAM not one individual star. Love his passion and hope he becomes the permanent coach. He did the right thing in my books.

Monica