Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Shadows of Uncertainty

WOW ..!

Looking at the numbers to the left, I have really been doing a lot of rambling! A bit too much, if you ask me. If my life IS that noteworthy for so much writing, then I should be on television! Anyhow (got it right this time!), I have been reading Don Quixote and chilling, pretty much. Still trying to find a football game to watch, because that is something that I do, you know?

This has been a long political season. I am very surprised that Hilary Clinton isn't among the top two. I still think she has a lot to offer, if given the opportunity. Don't think that she would fit in an Obama administration, and to be honest, I don't know if Joe Biden is the right cat for Veep. People who run to be president don't seem to me to be the kinds of people who want to play the '... and the Sundance Kid', you get me?

One of the problems reading Don Quixote again, is that this time, I am wondering if I am suffering from a 'Quixotic Complex', imaging myself as something more than I am. When I was younger and had less aversion to risk, it was okay to be willing to chuck it all at a whim. For me, it seems to be a fine approach, one that would have amounted to more had I been a better 'finisher'. But I wonder now if I am not lost in delusions of what I want things to be, rather than seeing things as they are.

Spoke with AKA, as I took the bait. It is unlikely that her Da would have called without running things past her first. I called her, with that as my premise, I asked her why didn't she tell him that we weren't talking, and last she knew, I was angry with her?

Her reply was some gobbledy-gook about that being between us, but if he asked you first, then you were a part of the arrangement as well. Then she got clever, and reminded me of what I said, saying something to the effect that, 'if I could write her off just like that, why should she call me, like ever again.'

I thanked her, for reminding me that I said the 'tomorrow thing', because I meant it. Sure, I like you and everything, while we did exchange hard words, I still have strong feelings about you.

BUT, I am not unfamiliar to things like this. The problem I am having is THAT YOU WERE WRONG. I miss you, but hey, you punked me. Thanks for reminding me ...

ON BOXING

You can say you are a tough cat, and that you hit like a mule kicks. Everyone around you can tell me that you are going to smear me across the ring, that you are too fast and too strong and all those other things. That can be what they know, but you see, the bell, once it rings, I will let me find out EXACTLY what it is that everyone is talking about ...

... and I get to show YOU what I am talking about.

People that want to tell me that they are known to have been sharp with their tongue or tell the truth to people who need to hear it, IMO, generally have glass chins. Tell THEM something, and they can't take it.

When the bell rings, all that matters now is winning the fight. Looking fancy for the crowd, impressing my friends doesn't mean nearly as much as beating the stars out of you. Shouldn't have to tell anyone that, but there are people who are so high on themselves, that invairably we clash.

There is only one way to fight, y'all do know that.

So after she reminded me about what I said, I thanked her, because if you think for one second that I am going to anywhere near an apology, you have lost your mind. My HUGE issue with her is that she likes to play the indecisive game, and I put up with that, even though it is a HUGE problem for me. I like her, and I enjoy her company, so I put up with it.

Her Dad said I could come by Wenesday to finish up. Fine. If I don't hear from her between now and then, I will have my answer, regarding us,. And the NEXT time her Dad asks whether or not I am busy, she will be able to give him an answer, and not me.

Then Miss Smarty Pants, can remind herself that I said I am on a train by myself to the next day. Miss you? Man, where have you been? I have had to get over A LOT WORSE than this.

She did ask about what would happen if she apologized (does she get it?). I told her that I didn't know, because as I have said, I will hurt and ache to get through to where I want to be. Can't say that will put me over things, and that is being honest.

And this is why the 'Ex List' is such a challenge. Yes Elizabeth, these ladies would be justified in slapping my face and pointing me on my way. BUT, they aren't daisies themselves, which is why I didn't bother people after the 'cessation of hostilities' before I reached this conculsion, of 're-dating'being a good idea.

They have THEIR issues to deal with as well.

Gonna switch to 'Nightmares & Dreamscapes'. The story 'The House on Elm Street' keeps calling, that and 'Dolan's Cadillac'. And I don't know if y'all no it or not, but the BUCKEYES are back in the race for the title game!

And I don't care who likes it! Go Buckeyes!

6 comments:

Beth said...

The fact that AKA asked what would happen if she apologized speaks volumes to me. Why didn't she try it before she asked how you would react? Weird.

Right now, I'm really cheering for my Ball State Cardinals. And NO, Dave Letterman graduated probably 20 years before I did...hardy har har! Yeah, I saw your comment on Ken's blog...!

Love ya,
Beth

Ken Riches said...

Love the analogy to the glass chin for people who just cannot handle the truth when they hear it. If you set your self up for the knockout punch, then you deserve it. The old saying about sticks and stones, vs. words, seems some have it backwards.

Sorry for your Buckeyes, kind of, so guess I will say sorry for you because they lost. Never been a big fan, and our company is headquartered in Columbus, so I hear a lot of talk about The Ohio State....

betty said...

this has been a long election season, Mark; I'm going to be glad when its over; we voted this past weekend with early voting; glad to get it out of the way

betty

Anonymous said...

On a totally unrelated subject I like your font being so big. I don't need my glasses to read you. That's COOL.
xo
MJ

mrs.missalaineus said...

don't go chasing windmails my friend unless you've packed a hearty snack for the way home....


we had one of d-town's finest come and talk to the 6-8th graders about the curfew the other day...good times.

xxalainaxx

Sage Ravenwood said...

I can honestly say...I do know how to house words to sting and hurt worse than a physical punch. Any doubts you read me...intelligence and deafness taught me to read people rather well...thing is I can take it too....

That comment what would happen if I apologized is right up there with, "Can I ask you a Question?". Any couple knows when the other partner ask that, it's going to be on something they don't want to know, or something that there won't be a satisfactory answer to. Which in either case opens or leaves the current argument open....Sounds like AKA likes the drama drawn out. Glad your not playing into it with her.

And it's snowing like you wouldn't believe outside. Hope your staying warmed and loved. (Hugs)Indigo