Thursday, January 16, 2014

THE CODEFIED LIFE IV


  TACTICAL
Like the Affordable Care Act, my 2014 roll-out has lurched about in going forward.  Still, things h ave been progressing accordingly and I fully expect to meet all my marks for the year.  
KT, who is on pace to graduate in the top 5% of Carolina high school students has been offered  a scholarship to attend North Carolina Agricultural and Technical University.  Do you know who  else went to Carolina A&T?  I did!!  So I am very happy for her, but it isn’t her top choice.  There  has been no word on what her school of choice is going to offer but Nixxie said that unless the same kind of deal is being proffered, she’ll be an Aggie!  
One of the interesting things that occured when I posted the news on my Facebook page is how   classy Pecan Sandie was when she happened upon my post.  She congratulated KT, we both  exchanged messages with the hopes of getting Lexxie out west this summer.  She, like her older  sister, is a very busy teenager and fitting in two weeks of visiting me is not an easy thing.  We  will keep our fingers crossed!

I have a Bloggie camera and as soon as I figure it out I plan to put a “max lift” workout up here and on my Facebook page.  The last time I did a max lift, I was able to get 265lbs on the bench,  405lbs on the squat and 425lbs on the deadlift.  Along with my conceptual roll-out, my weight  training has lurched about, mainly because I have not taken the time to put together a training   log.  We are incorporating yoga and mindfulness into the fitness equation, which I believe will fit and enhance my life approach.
Dying for each other.  Getting so much more in return.” -Forrest “Frosty” Westerling.

I have decided that going through my “Rules To Live By” at this time was appropriate.  After three  full years of living here on my own, I feel acclimated enough with my surroundings to insure my  continued progress.  My ups have been greater than my downs, and I have every reason to think  that I will continue trending as appreciably as I have been since my arrival.  My Algebra is going  swimmingly and I expect to pick up the pace for spring term, testing out how well I do with the added stress of taking on more classes.  If feasible, I would like the next school year to be my last in junior college.
Like many underachievers (please try harder!!) I have had occasion to wonder “what if…” with   certain moments in my life.  They all tend to center around my starter marriage and how it left the   stain of regret in my soul.  In fact, I made the case (to myself of course..!) that my hesitancy to    pull the trigger with either the Delta Girl and Tee Jay was due to the stench of the residue from the fail  experience with my starter wife.  Just as my marriage confirmed that someone who called to mind my  Mother would not be a good fit for me, my marriage validated the qualities that were strongest in  my starter wife were not compatible with who I was, or who I wanted to be.

       ~Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning.
       It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends.
       Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that
       you didn’t let them down because you told them the truth… And that truth is
       that you did everything you could, that there wasn’t one more thing you could
       have done… Can you live in that moment as best you can with clear eyes and
       love in your heart… with joy in your heart?  If you can do that gentlemen, you’re        
       perfect~

My insistence on the qualities that I would want a potential partner to have and the expectations of a person does not begin with them… they would also make up the standard I hold myself to as well.  I know that Nebraska feels that I project an image of myself that she hasn’t seen, and she is correct.  But she isn’t right.

Like Coach Singletary, I would rather “...get penalized all the way until we’ve got to do something else… rather than play with 11 when that one person is not sold out to be a part of a team.  It’s more about them than it is about the team.”  It was also why there was and is no bitterness toward either her, Mookie Dee or Princess.  And so it goes that if there has been a question on whether or not a person fits within my philosophy, I simply look through my listing and then go from there.

Often, I think that my demeanor and manner is mistaken for that of a naif, someone whose thoughts are more in the clouds that in the firmament of the real world.  This is particularly vexing, as I am not concerned with what I can get from a person in a relationship as I am devoting as much of my energies as possible to making the relationship a winning one.

No comments: