Tuesday, February 12, 2019

And I'M JUST TIRED OF THE SOUP DU JOUR

TODAY WAS…

...The greatest  

Finally got my franchise launched in Papillion today!  My partner, who has a long career of project management (to say NOTHING of his local connections) was tireless in getting everything together.  I could not be thankful enough for him or for the woman who put me on the road to Rock Steady.  After all, it was HER connections that provided the impetus for the news story that was done on our training together that certainly “helped grease the groove” as it were.  Things simply began to fall into place and soon I will be “the guy who works out with grammy or pappy” and helps them to keep moving!

Both locations are more than adequate.  Ken, who has worked out at Pinnacle Fitness, can attest to the quality of those facilities.  But I was really impressed with the space at Papillion Landing, where my second (!?!?) franchise will be holding classes, twice weekly.  Another break that I may be getting is that everyone in Papillion Landing will be level 1 or 2 with regard to class assessment.  That means easier to scale the workouts to fit with audience participation.

I hope to learn from my partner… and we are also connected through our service to our country AND North Carolina (he is a Tar Heel native).  Because of the local demographics, I have little doubt that it will be a successful franchise… but not my ONLY successful franchise!

The new club manager at Pinnacle Fitness is as motivated to get Rock Steady off the ground as well.  Her sister succumbed to PD and she wants to be a part of helping other cope with their condition as well.  My nerves is what my increased income will do to my status… but it isn’t something that is worrying to me… the “benefits” from Social Security, such as the insurance, I will just have to go out and see what the market has for me (and that is the last Adam Smith reference in this entry!)

Soon, I will become a “figure in the community”.  That idea is so WILD!!  I have begun to fix my mind around the image of being someone that people look to when it comes to outreach to populations that need help.  I am using this to be the opportunity where I look to check how far I have come… not only because I want to focus on the NOW, but because I always EXPECTED to be where I am… on the edge of something BIG happening in my life.  Not only am I “refusing to lose”, but I am GOING TO WIN.  That is a slight change of mindset that I think is super critical, if not in general, for sure, it is critical for me.

So I have gone from scuffling along on a benefit to running a business.  That is just krazee, isn’t it? 

...no good man needs to be justified

It would be nice if I could see the future.  One of the reasons that I don’t want to “journal” is that the dwelling on negative thoughts are counter-productive, at least as far as the stuff that typically can be found in a journal.  But it is well-known that constant review over one’s past, particularly past mistakes, is a recipe for steady fail.  Yet, it is in that reviewing where change can be found and acted upon.  Saying all that to say this… my partner has accepted the fate of our present course.  I don’t plan on not taking care of her, in our coupling, and acting as though we are cool.  Yet I know she knows that I know… and we will figure out the deets when the time is more appropriate.  I will say thought, we are in a race, a race to pull our individual circumstances together so that we can move forward and into our individual…


DUTY NOW FOR THE FUTURE

One of the primary reasons for the dissolution of this particular relationship (...that is, beyond my own idiosyncrasies and flaws) has been the perceived lack of building towards anything concrete, beyond the immediacy of NOW.  Recently, a family incident that did not involve a blow up between us (as if they ever have) further highlighted our differences of perception, and it is EXACTLY these kinds of differences that I had hoped to avoid, from the way that I was carried by Nebraska, to Princess, to the ” Ghost Girls of Omaha”, I am spiritually unmoved by the ideation of love that exists, while not wholly in its classical form, still exists socially.  Mine own conflict, entirely within my own mind and power to inform, wavers, but eventually finds its way back to where it has always been.

Relationships and being in love is not, nor ever has been, a prime mover of my life.  I have carried the guilt of my ex-wife’s young love for a moment.  But my Mom advised me to ...“let her go while she was still young enough to have another chance”, and ever since, I have acknowledged my faults in good faith.  I also expect the other party to do the same and that, that, dear ready, in this case DID NOT HAPPEN.  Too bad that we did not meet when I placed a higher value on the things that make love, “love”.  I have never concerned myself with the disappointment of being alone, because I DON’T CARE.  Have I been opposed to the possibility of love..?  Not at all.  I was, thought, after my first marriage failed.  Then when the universe handed me my Delta Girl… I messed that up.

This has really gotten to be a “dear diary…” type of thing.  But the details of what it has taken for me to get my first franchise going and to have the AUDACITY to operate two is depending on me being able to function and think clearly.  Trying to push these feelings into the background can only work for so long before they take away from the other things that really are important to me.  Tomorrow is a day off… kinda.  The rest of the week… whew… I have not been this busy since the I was at A&T.  Have to be sharp on Wednesday… and get sharper every day subsequent to the preceding one.

4 comments:

ThomasLB (AbbiesTreeHouse) said...

Here are the two best bits of advice I ever got concerning women: my friend Doug Williams told me, "What it takes to GET the girl is what it will take to KEEP the girl," and Richard Pryor said "If you find someone who loves you, DON'T MESS IT UP." (He didn't say "mess," of course.)

Anyways, I think the business you've chosen fits right into your skill set. I think you have the drive and the passion to make it work, and I think this will be spiritually and financially rewarding for you. Best of luck to you and your partner!

Beth said...

Mark, I'm so excited for you! This is fantastic news and I know that you will do great! How gratifying it is to know that you aren't just earning a living...you are HELPING people. L&R!

mrs.missalaineus said...

both bitter and sweet at the same time. i am so glad to hear you are doing well professionally and have established yourself as a trainer <3 i'm sorry to hear that the romantic part isn't working out. not everyone we love is with us for all seasons and this too shall pass.

xxalainaxx

Ken Riches said...

So glad that the Rock Steady is working for you and that you are branching out to another location as well. I look forward to seeing it some day (I am traveling a lot less these days). You had a good run in relationship space this go round, I know it will end as friends. Love you Bud!