Tuesday, January 29, 2019

WHY IT IS NEVER A GOOD REASON TO REMAIN WHERE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE


I found the above paragraph in an article titled, “Why Being Lonely Is Never A Good Reason To Get Into A Relationship”.  The translation to something I found applicable, “Why Being Broke Is Never A Good Reason To Remain Broke”.  In fact, the translation appeared in my brain nearly instantaneously as I read it -- “Why Being Broke Is Never A Good Reason To Remain Broke”.  While neurology is not a strong suit of mine, it would not be that surprising (to me)  that the neurons that fire when a person is under emotional distress are also the ones that fire when someone is undergoing financial distress.  I don’t think it would be a stretch to say that given the emotional connection that many spending disorders are linked with.  So what is it that made the article “being lonely is never a good reason…” comparative to the ideal of  “...never remaining broke”?

I am not going to do a “line-by-line” review.  But the paragraph that began with the line, “You will send the same energy back…”, is the one that hooked me.  My return to this blog mentioned how my “Facebook lurking” of an old friend’s page made me think of how we both had anticipated similar futures for one another and  that I can see that he maintained his focus and definitely sends out into the world the energy that he receives from it.  Personally, I find that it is this point that myself, along with countless others, fall short of doing.  The irony of this being what most people get wrong is that it is also one of the very, very few things within a person’s total control.  Perhaps because it is the easiest of all the reasons that explains what determines success over failure, it is also the one that is most often taken for granted.  As the line goes, “Denial is not just a river in Egypt”, the truth of the matter is that we have control over our destinies is empowering as it is fear-inducing.

One thing that has been a stumbling block of mine recently (within the last 3-4 years) has been the finding of excuses for not being the person that I want to be.  As I read the article and saw the similarities between the want for love, the want for success (defined by the thing(s) that a person most wants out of life) has been the want of the qualities that makes both love and success valued pursuits.  

I have believed that finding a life success is similar to finding a life partner.  How focused and honest one is with their goals and their efforts in obtaining them is no different than finding love in a relationship.  The effort and focus that one puts on the qualities theirin, the closer one comes to achievement.  Yet, when one lacks an honestly and sincerely held objective, then no matter what a person desires, be it love or material (spiritual) things, they will find themselves lost in ambiguity and uncertainties.





1 comment:

ThomasLB (AbbiesTreeHouse) said...

I had a post not long ago about the difference between fate and karma, and that sort of applies here. Good consequences start with good energies.

Even if the result isn't what you went for initially, it seems like a project begun in the right way for the right reasons is bound to have a positive outcome.