Sunday, April 10, 2011

SUNDAY SONGS

...BUT IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING...


1)  I am fine, or, at least as well as can be expected.

2) My thoughts are still processing and trying to create a entry that maintains the same focus I have had recently.

But sitting here watching the Wings put the Blackhawks in a 'wait and see' playoff mode and the Bulls slip by the Orlando Magic (because any town could claim 'the Magic' but if you don't know which towns the Red Wings, the Blackhawks and Bulls belong to, you need to come out of your cabin more often!) and listening to one of my You Tube playlists, two songs that I deliberately put together played and after listening to them, I figure I should stop being surprised that I am single..!



The first song, 'Anna' by Hello Saferide (the artistic alter ego of Anna Norlkin) is a cheerful little song that clubs baby seals at the end. I can picture all the women who are in this situation, which is part of why I am trying to get this out of me, just in case I can say something that helps a woman (or a man if you are one) understand why it seems like there is a shortage of men and the few that are out there are so fickle.



Long time readers prolly are not surprised that I posted this song ... but it is how it contrasts the preceeding song that makes me put it with this entry. I mean, I adjust the order of the videos so it isn't like this is some randomly generated coincidence. I MEANT for these songs to follow each other.


As far as 'making people think'... geez, that is really flattering and it humbles me, especially considering how challenging keeping things in order has become for me.  It really leaves me humbled, espcially since there are journals that are better written and with more objective content than mine.  I can't begin to tell you what your comment do for my confidence in what I have chosen to do with my life.


Going to go back to work on my second entry about relationship and why the shortage of men isn't a shortage as much as it a shift in how relations between the sexes are being seen by a segment of the population.


Hope you enjoy the videos!!

7 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Hope you are enjoying the spring weather, we got out in the yard yesterday and today, wonderful :o)

betty said...

I'm glad you are fine, Mark, just bit concerned what may be going on; hope all is well in addition to you being fine

betty

mrs.missalaineus said...

love the ministry. was wondering about how you were doing with the weather finally breaking. be well.

xxalainaxx

Unknown said...

Yes, you make me think. That is a good thing. And I STILL say you missed your calling in life. You were meant to be a writer.

danielle said...

i like 'anna'. but i didn't watch it all the way through b/c i wasn't sure if the seal clubbing thing was really going to happen. i still have the image of a seal being clubbed in the mj "earthsong" video from like 10 years ago. scarred for life and couldn't do it again. thanks for your comments on my music posts! glad you appreciate them!

Anonymous said...

HANG IN THERE DUDE. very bad day here. hunint peckin' on keyboad... please excuse typos...
I have all the faith in the word in you. You're ageat gay...
iLOVEYA
mj

danielle said...

thanks so much! glad you appreciate my choices in music! :)