Sunday, September 5, 2010

NOT THAT I AM UP TO SPEED...

... BUT I DO WANT TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU

Many people consider 'angosticism' to be similiar to a 'spiritual bisexualism' or being politcally correct in identifying a person by their 'multicultural' upbringing. I don't agree but I do have a begrudging understanding of why they would think that way. What gets me is the lack of respect that some in either camp have about understanding why I feel the way that I do.

Anywho, I read the Ephphatha Poetry blog and they were considering shuttering it because of their own needs. Of course, I understand where they are coming from (esp. since I wonder if my needs will soon mean I am going to stop with my journal)
There have been times where I come out here and listen to Sarah(who along with her husband, Brian, authors the blog) sing her songs that I have posted here. 'Masks of God' comforts me in that there IS someone who is listening to me and who really cares enough to perhaps aid me in my journey. The 'clear minds, full hearts, can't lose!' battle cry of the Dillon Panthers is what I am thinking when I listen these song or read this or any other blog with spritual content. Almost anyone other than a fundmentalist in their particular brand could apreciate the deeper meaning in that song.

'There Is No Arizona', is more secular and translates just as easy to mainstream understanding. Sad and heartbreaking, it is about the realization that sometimes a dream is just that, a dream. Something of little substance and that dissolves with the break of reality rising along with the sun.

IN CLOSING

I don't want to get ahead of myself because my migraine is still rumbling around like the remenants of a thunderstorm. I don't want to risk giving it the chance to come back and bother with me. What I do think I will do, though, is talk about it and the significance they have to me, personally. When I get resettled and can resume therapy, I will prolly talk a bit more about 'related items' and how I think it would factor into any prospective relationship I would have in my future.

Also, if you like Sarah's songs, stop by and let her know. They are free to download and I think that you may as well, considering all the 'Farmville' stuff you work on Facebook!!








Quantcast

2 comments:

betty said...

I enjoyed listening to Sarah's song. I wish them best with what they decide to do about blogging. I'm not sure what they mean as they describe themselves as mystics. I couldn't tell my reading the few posts of theirs that I did if they believe in the same God (only God) that I believe in. There is definitely a God (God Almighty) who cares/loves his creation and listens to those who call upon him. Psalm 68:19 (I may have this wrong with the reference, but it says) Praise to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. I like that there is "someone" out there who listens and bears and knows what we are going threw. I get great comfort in it and put my faith in the hope that only He can give :)

I'm glad you are turning the corner on your headache and perhaps feeling better :)

betty

Ken Riches said...

Glad you have some blogs that bring you peace, and that you are a tad better today.