Tuesday, December 15, 2009

GRINDING THROUGH THE HOLIDAY

NOTHING SPECIAL GOING ON

At least not for me. KT is coming up for a visit and a trip to a basketball game in the Metroplex. The SFC's youngest is playing in the game and it is big game for his school. A win will help them when March comes and if they are 'on the bubble' when it is NCAA tournament selection time.

There was a 'Infomania Editorial' on Tiger's situation. It was funny, listening how Ben Hoffman's rant mentioned that his story had become larger than the Health Care debate or the Afghan build up. "That's right," Ben said, "welcome to the rest of your life!" I wonder if Tiger will ever talk about his side of the story. I hope not. But for whatever reason, this was one case that I had a momentary loss of poise.

Normally on my Facebook, I put up some intentional jibber-jabber for the day. But occasionally I do manage to post something that I am more conscious of... but one day I left up rant about Tiger that didn't make sense. Can't even tell where it came from. Sorta mess up the purpose of me putting anything up on Facebook at all.

I think of my posts there as my own personal 'moment of zen'. Talk about a personal 'WTF' moment!

SLEEPYHEAD
Some of you may recognize this song from the latest commercial for the Palm Pixie. I am wondering why all the cool songs are getting used up in crappy commercials!! Last year, it was the Submarines song that actually was anti-consumerism. But 'You, Me, and the Bourgeoisie' is a pretty neat song.

Passion Pit's 'Sleepyhead' is a song that I heard back in the late spring in commercial's for Current's 'Max and Jason Up All Night'. With these songs gaining such widespread exposure, it feels like society is encroaching on all the good music that no one else listens to but me! Actually, I don't mind having the stuff that I listen to being used in media and stuff. People doing something that the love and brings me joy, I want to be shared all over.

For instance, there was a comment on a post that I used the video for the song 'On The Water' by the Walkmen, that they liked the band too. A few months ago, the song 'Shake Some Action' by the Flaming Groovies was part of a story on the radio, and I wondered if I knew anyone who liked them. Whenever you can find a shared link to someone in a personal interest, it makes that relationship closer and more intimate.

Like there is a couple whose blogs I follow who have a passion for geocaching. I would like to do that, but haven't met anyone who wanted to go out with me yet. My and the SFC have the shared passion for the military and since we had the same MOS, we share a perspective when talking about things like the buildup in Afghanistan and whatever.

WE STILL SLEEP TOGETHER

Which is why I know that I walk in my sleep! What is up with THAT?!? Not only do I sleep walk, but I also TALK in my sleep!! Now the talking thing is something that I have had people tell me before, but the sleep walk is totally new. We even have conversations while I am up, or so the Germans would have me believe!

To give her space in the morning, I have made that my workout and run time. That leads me to more training stuff, and I guess I will share that before I go outside for the day.

Snootchie Bootches!!




3 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Hope they win the game.

Also hope you can stop the sleep walking, that sounds dangerous.

betty said...

do be careful with the sleep walking, Mark; take precautions, locked doors, etc. kids slept walked when they were younger and very tired. son still talks in his sleep; so "funny" to hear words out of him in the middle of the night

do take care of yourself

betty

Unknown said...

Oh, man.

When I heard Sleepyhead on that commercial the other night I was part ecstatic and proud of them and part disgusted for the same reasons exactly. Passion Pit was supposed to be a little secret only us awesome held in our pockets. Bah!

So cool to read that you love them, too!