Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FEELING LIKE ...

RANTING AND RAVING WITH THE STRAY CATS

But even with me feeling good, I want to reach out and touch that rail ... see, I wouldn't have voted for the current President if the canidate I was initially backing, hadn't begun to lose heart. Let's just say this is a union house, and I didn't start out as a union cat until I went to Carolina.

They pay for crap, and you put up with the worst conditions like ever. And I didn't work at the chicken place in Raeford where a bunch of folks died in. Unions helped people get retirement, earn a decent living and give folks a shot at moving up. Put kids thru college, and gave a family a good home in a decent neighborhood with fine schools.

It is simple, really, what is going on. It is the death of the middle class. Where is Upton Sinclair when you need him? The pressure of economics is going to alienate even more folks, and further serve to fractionalize society.

Me and my Pops discussed this subject during the Democratic primary ... where on earth was Obama getting his money from? You can take that 'motivated the young' crap with you on the way to the unemployment line. NO ONE gets the kind of loot he had without folks with deep pockets pushing you.

His language has always, always not been one of galvinaizing people, but to me, you know what I heard? I think Hilary heard it too, but wasn't agile enough to identify it. His language is the language of blindness, his words, his speech is that which mollifies and lure you into the pen.

I have never fully embraced him, and were you HERE, you would know it. AKA does, and that has led to a few 'spirited conversations'. WHENEVER you have money in the equation, YOU FOLLOW IT.

Oh, SOME of the cats gave back their bonuses. What about the rest of them? Concessions from the unions? So you want to take the health care that someone earned breathing abestos so that you can drive your Stupid Uneccessary Vehicle (SUV) to take tea with the ladies, eh?

It is too late ... I am already started. I am still trying to hold out hope that things will shake out for the better. Hard to see it, but I am. But after gentrification begins to take hold, there is going to be metropolitan 'China Pits' all across the country. As hard as it is, wait till KT, Lexxie and Skye come looking for their chance in a decade or so.

You go into debt to get an education, to begin a life of owing and owing, because you have to find a way to find a job, buy food, get housing ... you know, LIVE. And hey, the cost of living isn't going anywhere but up, so you get that BA, to learn to get a job that gives you any hope of a life, you need an advanced degree, and once you get that, you continue to build your debt up, simply on necessities, let alone on extras.

The stress makes one susceptible to all manner of diseases ... oh crap ... HEALTH CARE again!! So you go with out, or use half doses which will make thing worse ...

ARE FOLKS BLIND ..?

Again, going from Michigan to a non union state as a young adult opened my eyes. It is only communism when you force the ruling class (like you didn't know that THEY fan the flames of fear and despair!) to give you the rights that they themselve take as a birthright. How hard do you think them cats are REALLY working on Wall Street? People need a fair, not exorbatant wage ... but that isn't what is shaking out, is it?

Oh, this is TRULY a rant, and one that isn't going anywhere. Let's see them cap executive salary and then maybe you can open a debate with me ... I am so upset on so many levels, that I can't get everything out. All I know is the crap that is coming out of Washington, sounds like classic double think, and double think is the speech of oppression.

You thought Bush was bad for the common, everyday working joe? You let this cat do what his REAL SUPPORTERS (grass roots my arse ... campaign chest that swallowed up EVERYONE else's!!) put him in office to do, and the 'irony joke' about the national airport being named for the man responsible for breaking the air traffic controllers union, will be a snicker compared to what 'the man of the people' is going to do to everyone.

There isn't enough running OR chocolate chip cookies to get me back to normal. Bait and freakin' switch ...

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hmm, I won't say much here, except for this (and I say it with love): I hope he proves you wrong.

Hugs, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Definitely a rant on this entry.

My hope is that we can have some honest dialogue and investigation into solutions. Way to much posturing is going on, from both sides. What we really need now is for both sides of the ailse to roll up their sleeves, and come up with some real plans to take us to the next level.

Hope you get out of whatever funk you currently are in.

betty said...

His language is the language of blindness, his words, his speech is that which mollifies and lure you into the pen.

I loved this Mark. My gosh it is so true; I'm sorry I do not like that man (but I do pray for him daily). To me he is slick and easily to get sucked into his words because he talks "good".

I would like to see things get better, but I sadly fear they won't, not for a very long time.....

better stop now before I get all riled up

hope you are well, Mark......and if you are in a funk, I hope you get out of it soon; lots to look forward to even in these tough times......

betty

Her Side said...

I was actually impressed with the Democratic choices during the primaries in 2008. For the first time in years, I was not horrified by any particular choice (between the top 3 - Obama, Clinton, Edwards). Not to say they didn't have their weaknesses...

But I'm a "best man for the job" kinda gal. I don't have an ounce of party loyalty. During the entire primary process, I had my eye on Ron Paul. I read-up on his history and caught some serious criticism for actually liking him.

Barack Obama has time, in my book, to prove a whole lotta folks (right or wrong, depending on which side you're on LOL). I am relatively pleased that he is president, but I don't carry a torch of blind loyalty. I expect him to perform.