Monday, July 21, 2008

WHEN THINGS ARE GOING WELL ...

... let 'em keep going ..!

Did the Royal Oak garage sale yesterday.  Did get a metal 'picnic basket' for a dollar, and a cool jacket and hat for $6!  Not bad at all ...

... and I saw a furniture set that if I had a place to put it, I would like (forgot I would need money ... but why worry about window shopping funding?)  Looking at all the 'stuff' from '70's albums, to pictures and just all kind of knick-knack stuff, had me get excited about moving to Nebraska.  Never have I minded starting at zero and working my way to having things set the way that I want them.  Can't account for a 'taste', sort of just get what I think I like and set it in the room!

... oh, so THAT'S how you do it ...

... talking about a 'meme'.  Don't know what the word means, even though I see it out here often enough.  This one was put up on a journal, "Inner and Outer Demons", (sorry, don't know how to 'link' either!) and I posted my answers in my reply ... but I was supposed to post them HERE.

And this is what I would do if any of y'all came here to Detroit.

 

If you came to my house… 

I’d probably feed you:  Whatever they brought out of the kitchen at Xochimilocos' down in southwest ...

And offer you this to drink:  Some nice cold and refreshing Kool-aid ..!  Either that or soda pop!  You want beer, then I would DARE you to walk the two blocks with me to get it from the liquor store!

I’d undoubtedly ask if you’d read:  One of Stephen Kings old story ... that or Judy Blume or any of the 'Encyclopedia Brown' stories ..!  Really, either something by King ... more apt to wonder about your taste in movies

I’d want to play this music for you: Some alternative pop from the early 90's -- my favorite music era (that's is russ' answer... I would add some of the different genre of electroinica music around ...)

I’d want to tell you about: How the secret societies are getting way ahead of things, and that society is entering a dark period, particularly in the US ...

I’d probably suggest a game of: What ever you would like to play ... I would have to ask my friend Hutch for a couple of his as I only have PS 2, and only play EA SPORTS with that ..!

I would definitely show off:  My picture of me and KT ... I love waking up and seeing that photo on the wall ..!

I might get on the computer and show you:  What me and Nebraska look like together ...

If it was a long enough visit, we might watch: Some old movie ... prolly from the 50's and in technicolor .. or something current from the art house ..

Ok, that was me-- now....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what do you and Nebraska look like together? Not asking for the picture, some things are private, but give us an idea!

Anonymous said...

I laughed at the dare to walk two blocks to the liquor store!

Garage sales are a blast, but I try to stay away...our house is fairly small, and neither of us likes too much clutter, so I don't need to be buying more stuff! What I really love to find is OLD books--you can find some amazing stuff.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Secret societies and conspiracy theories are great discussion topics, but I fear the worst stuff hasn't even been thought of yet.

Russ

Anonymous said...

i did that meme last night.... i also have no clue what meme means, but i always like to think its something about 'me, me!!!'

when i find one i use the 'blog about this blog' choice and aol nicely will auto link the  blog you are blogging about to the entry.  i know there is way more high tech ways to do it with an embedded link but hey, i am lazy.

i love the royal oak garage sale and i am sad i missed it but seeing as i am getting rid of stuff for the move...would make no sense to go.