Thursday, June 26, 2008

... and I look for work while I am here too ..!

HOW FAR BACK WERE THEY ..?

The Kansas City Royals have won 10 of their last 11 games, JUST TO GET A HALF GAME OUT OF LAST PLACE.  This made me wonder, how far back WERE they before this hot streak?  I am only a casual observer of baseball, giving it only a scant more attention than tennis, golf and the other 'minor' sports.  But a streak like that should have gotten them further away from last place and closer to the rest of the field.

How long have the Royals been this bad? I can still see George Brett charging out of the dugout, to argue the 'pine tar' call on his home run; who was the sideways pitcher who saved all those games back in the 80's?  Anyway, I prolly need to 'bone up' on my new home teams.  Looking forward to an 'Arrowhead Sunday' and 'Memorial Stadium Saturday'.  My heart skips a beat thinking about what lies in the haze of my horizons!

My immediate future, eh well ... not so much.  I'd rather not have to 'shut down' selected departments of my active mind, mainly because I don't want to forget to turn them back on!  But that is part of the reason I HAVEN'T (typo from yesterday) spoken about the kids, though we get along pretty okay ... I have to make sure I am doing for me first, and hopefully get to a place where I can eliminate some of the paradoxes in my life.

WHY PONDER LIFE'S COMPLEXITIES?

Getting all heated over the Dallas Cowboys Adam Jones made me wonder what is up with ME.  After that rant, I had to stop and ask myself what was really going on.  That wasn't me, I felt, saying those things about someone, who dewspite his various indescretions, could still lay claim to a higher moral ground than  me and my various issues.

In the movie 'Courage Under Fire', Meg Ryan who plays the officer leading her troops in an evac(?), has tears coming from her eyes, but she reminds Lou Diamond Phillips that they were more from the stress of the situation, not from an emotional breakdown (she didn't say all that, but it was implied!) and that it wasn't going to keep her from completing her mission.

That is what I think I am feeling.  Stuff is happening, things AREN'T happening, yet the goal remains the same.  It kind of bothers me that Mookie hasn't called and that the time I spoke to lil' Mook, her voice sounded vacant.  Maybe time will fix that, and we will develop something.

Not to press 'time', but I am counting on 'time' along with effort to work on Skye.  I let her Mother know that I put in a bid for the State Fair (ooh ... ELEPHANT EARS!) and our birthday's (me and Skye's mom's are 2 days apart), making sure that she knows her significant other is welcome too. 

I hoping me and Skye gets this together.  There are enough similiarities in our situation, for me to accurately say that this is nexus of sorts.  At nearly the same age, we have to make identical decisions.  There are enough details different to get lost in, but the thing is, we both had to choose to either let our Father in or leave him out.

So we will see what she does.

I am not sure how Nebraska (the person) feels about me.  I haven't written her any long, breathy, odes to undying affection in a letter, or talked with her via the phone.  I am trying to stay out of her way, in anticipation of becoming one of her good friends, sans 'benefits'.  Not that there is anything wrong with those kinds of arrangements, but why should I bother with that complication?  I think I could be more effective a friend by 'keeping my feet' and letting what could be a good and true friendship develop between us.

Being patient can be trying at times ... let a 8 year old see you put ice cream in the freeze for 'after dinner'.   What is actually a relative calm, can at times grow unnerving, after facing what was a personal trauma for me.  If I knew I would be where I am right now, when I started this journey, I would have taken it with much glee.  I would have jumped all over what is my 'Now'.

Life isn't easy, but it isn't hard.

... IN CLOSING

There have been a lot of great comments left in my journal, and I would like to thank EVERY SINGLE PERSON who reads, and I am thankful for the comments left.

I used to try to address some of the comments, but that was before people REALLY started to leave them! (we keed, we keed!).  But really, there have been more than a few comments that have really benefitted me, and I am glad for them, as that is what THIS particular journal is about ... helping you to help me, somehow helping you.

What the Fly Skimmie said that damaged our relationship?  Since she has emailed me some jokes this week, I guess we are going to hang too.  But what she said was that bad, as close to exile as you can get, and given what my First Wife had said about Tommy Hearns, the Skimmie should have gotten the boot.

That it has made me feel 'less' about her, means that it is a future entry unto itself.  Anyway, the best to everyone, and remember this ...

THIS BEAT IS TECHNOTRONIC!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely sensed a more upbeat tone to this entry! My imagination, maybe, but I know *I* was smiling by the end.

All my best,
Beth

Anonymous said...

I can't stand to watch baseball.  It's slow and boring and takes forever. LOL
BUT I'm right on the TV when NFL season starts (I'm a Ravens fan like Pop was), and I occupy the rest of the year with PBR (Pro Bull Riding) and WEC (World Extreme Cagefighting).  
Because I know you now I also what boxing when it's on but it's not really on a lot.  
blah blah blah
xo
MJ

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back my friend :o)

As for some of the lesser sports, give them a try.  Beth and I really enjoyed watching Tiger, we is such a good role model and athlete.

Looking forward to the "statement" entry.

Anonymous said...

The Royals really started to stink when the owner (Ewing Kaufman) died.  He was much beloved in this town.  David Glass (president of Walmart) bought it and refuses to invest much money in the franchise.  We keep hoping to break .500 every season  (crossing fingers)

Russ

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being selected as one of the Guest Editor's Picks!  I enjoyed reading your Entries.

Hugs, Rose

Anonymous said...

I wasn't surprised when Ken told me he wanted to include you in his Guest Editor picks. A natural choice.

All my best,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Mazol Tov on being an editor's pick.
Laini

Anonymous said...

People comment because they enjoy your insights into life. Your real, honest and tell it like it is. One of the reasons I got the last entry even though you were down, is because your human and that made you even more real. So Ken choosing you as one of his picks for Editors choice came as no surprise to me dear friend. I also forgot to add your a true friend to those who get the privilege to know you. Me? I'm a Yankee fan through and through. It's that NY mentality. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Mark, I'm flying through J-Land this mornng before we head out with my friend visiting; wanted to tell you congrats on being a guest editor's pick this week!! you know how much I enjoy reading your blog and how insightful and deep I think you are

I hope you are doing okay; I'll catch up with you come Tuesday

betty