Monday, April 28, 2008

'The Today Show' is doing 'Where In The World Is Matt Laurer' this week, and he starts off in Buenos Aires!  What a beautiful city!  I don't know if I am going to be up for much international travel in the future, but it is hard not to put Buenos Aires on my 'to do' list!  The report Matt is talking to, a native of Argentina who keeps coming 'home' despite living in other countries ... and from what I could see, who could blame her?  What really got me is that she said they had a 97% literacy rate!  Unbelievable!  Even if it was an exaggeration, it just goes to show how much REAL EMPHASIS other countries put on learning.  I try to tell anyone who would listen, that it isn't just prep school Buffy and Chip that are the competition ... it really is the world.  There are smart kids everywhere, and they are hungriers because their parents want it for them as well.

Anyway, Matt also went to Patagonia ... just breathtaking.  And to be so near to the Antartic would be a lifetime thrill ... wonder if I could get Nebraska to go with me ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

totally agree with you, Mark, a lot of other countries and cultures put a higher standard on education than we do and then we as a country wonder why we can't get good workers

I think traveling would be fun to do with the right person and right amount of money :)

betty