Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Buggin' Out ..!

... the ABSTRACT, ORIGINAL ...

That is a line from Q-Tip, of 'Tribe Called Quest', on their song which is the subject for today.  I like that line, as I am always trying to pull different things together for inspiration.  Since I have on a card, 'What is the next thing to do NOW', so I stay on message, today was pretty good. 

Went to the Social Security Administration to put in my change of address.  Later this week, I am going to open another bank account, as right now I am with a local credit union.  I need one with branches in Detroit, and that shouldn't be to difficult to figure out.  May even use Mookie's bank, as she won't be there too much longer ... no, it isn't spite, but it has been the bank I have used, in all its different names since I was a kid.  Being comfortable is most important for me right now.  Still, we will see.

I am really looking forward to having a simple peace of mind.  Talk about something I took for granted.  The slivers that I get, mostly are 'earned', because of my early rising.  Right now, the girls are out shopping ...

... and I am reflecting on being extracted ... with all the conflicts inside of me, of still loving people who aren't loving me and all ... if there was a choice between 'them' or 'me', best believe I will make sure it is them.  No, I don't want to cause hurt and pain, but I have to make sure I get out safely and securely.  Period.  I won't trust that it is going to be 'alright, no rush', when the time comes.  My goal is to be out, with care, but if I have to do what I have to do ...

... then, I will have to do it.

SUSAN AGER IN TODAY'S FREEP

I like her column.  Today she gave her take on the Bobby McFerrin hit, 'Don't Worry, Be Happy'.  Now, I got the song way back then, but she admits to having a more cynical take on the song when it first came out.  She drew a comparison to the song and some of the words of the Dalai Lama, who was in Ann Arbor recently. 

The spiritual need for 'happiness' is something that is common to most everyone.  But worry runs counter to happiness.  You can't really be happy if you carry worry.  It isn't that being 'happy' is being unrealistic.  For me, it is a consious state of mind, an approach to living that allows for the good in every thing to shine thru.  Though I must admit, worry does have its place, that place isn't at the head of the table.

I remember in basic training, the drill sergeants would try to 'smoke' us, fresh off the bus.  It didn't take much to see what it was, but I didn't let them 'smoke' me ... and something must have spoke to them, because I was the only Non-Com soldier who was a platoon leader!  That was something I think I should have dwelled on ... bragged on even ... but I hardly ever do that.  Now that a few folks read this on occasion, I am self-conscious about speaking on myself, to myself now!

But I remember it, because it wasn't about being anything but what I was.  I do think that I am a 'leader quality' person, and that I can get people to follow me ...

... but even if you lead, if no one is behind you, you are just out on a long walk ...

 

SHE DUG A HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF MY SOUL

That is a lyric from a song by Beck called, 'Rowboat'.  It is playing right now, and it is sorta cool.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Today was a good day, got the big ONE THING that I needed to do next done.  I did weigh myself, and it is 217 ... that sounds familiar ... but I am fine with it, as I am getting other things together ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good thinking for starting to get your paperwork in order for your move, Mark; finding a bank with branches in Detroit is a wise move

betty