Thursday, March 27, 2008

 
THIS AMERICAN LIFE
 
Never watched the TV show … but it seems like forever I have been listening to the radio show.  The show dated 3-21-08, ‘Nice Work If You Can Get It’, features three stories about the Astronauts that don’t go into space, how it is when stardom hits you when you have let it go, and how an annuity salesman feels being good at his job, which is to help people getting structured payments (think big lottery winners) to ‘sell’ their payments for a lump sum.
 
There are several other stories, and told from the lens of the folks at NPR, I would expect Vlad the Impaler to find his heart touched, no matter how you feel about the subject matter.
 
If you are on your computer for an hour, check it out … good, stuff ..!
 
THIS MONTH, DID SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT … 
 
Hope no one minded, but I replied to some of the different comments individually this month.  My sincere apologies for intruding.
 
If there is anything I would ‘ask’, it is this.  When I was reading over my entries, I thought that I read a trend upward. Sure, there were some setbacks, some disappointment, but a steady climb up seemed to be there.  At least I think so.  Does anyone else agree?
 
I do value everyone’s comments and I consider you as much a part of my life as anyone that you see in your daily travels.  If I make you smile, get you choked up, or make you say, ‘what is HE smoking’?’, then you can feel like you know me!
 
As I make my rounds, I wonder about the people that I see regularly.  Who is going to smile and kid with the eastern European ladies that work the bakery at Meijer’s and who is going to flirt with the older ladies running the cash register, who look at my old butt like I am a youngster!
 
Small random acts of kindness … leaving, like the manufacturing and auto jobs have left this town, for much the same reason.  Hubris, neglect, and not enough appreciation.  C’est la vie, c’est la vie.
PROGRESS REPORT
 
Went to my attorney to pick up my file from my Social Security hearing.  Another thing I needed to get done before I break camp, and I can line that out.
 
I don’t think that it is denial by not knowing what it says, and I am not going to read it.  Other than my MD(medical doctor, not Mookie Dee), I don’t want to know what anyone else thinks, because I CAN DO THAT.  Some of this, I already know, and I just have to keep on going.  All a doctor is going to do, is tell me what I shouldn’t do … and when you start placing limits, you lower the ceiling that is there no matter what you do, anyway.
 
Bible study tonight … went very well.  Confirmed this, learned that ... next week?  Looking forward to it ..!
 
Hope y’all didn’t mind the mail.  Thanks again, and y’all have the best of days ..!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark; I didn't mind the mail with your comments to my comments, LOL; send them any time you want :)

Yes, I do see an upward trend in you!! you are more positive and very self assured with your plans as you formulate them

people will miss you when you go; you will leave a hole there that will probably not be filled by anyone else

glad Bible study went well :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I actually like the mail. But it also makes me feel as if you are reading my comments and sometimes I like to know if I am on the mark ( hahah, I made a joke!) or if I am wrong in the things that I say. But I don't mind the mail from you.

Tawnya

Anonymous said...

you're never an intrusion..... never!!  I am sure you can do that.. just don't over do.
d

Anonymous said...

I love the mail. I get such few mails from real people that it is an absolute pleasure.

yes I have noticed that you are moving on up. It seems as if a burden has been lifted.

Anonymous said...

You've said, and I believe, that you write in your journal like writing in a diary.  You didn't "intend" to gain an audience, but guess what??  You gained a following.  People truly care about you.  I have seen the progress.  I've also experienced your words, how deeply you feel about things.  You don't do things or say things that are phony...you do or say because its right.  When I first started reading you, I immediately thought something was wrong or just off in your relationship with Mookie...not because of the things you said, but more, what you left out.  That says a lot.  I think you can see yourself objectively, heck, you know you better than anyone.  I also think this next chapter of your life is HUGE!!  Another step, one at a time, in your journey.  I truly wish you the best!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

What mail? (winks) in any event you are on an upward spiral. Meaning : you spend enough time around each bend to examine life around you and introspect. Valuable whichever way you look at it. As for Social Security...I'm not sure what end your aiming for here. If it's for disability, that in itself is an upward battle. Without fail, almost always they deny the first application. I'm deaf there is no doubt about that, and I got denied (later talking one on one with the judge, I was awarded my case). The Dr.'s notes and what have you will drive you down to a degree. It seems SS has this diabotical need to expose and bash you with the worst parts of yourself. (This caused me to...find an edge to jump off of I should of never contemplated - I don't think death likes me, he keeps sending me back)...I'm here if you need to talk about it, despite what you say, from my experience it's never easy hearing your fears exposed. (Hugs) Indigo