Friday, March 7, 2008

Readers always write..!

... because I have let lil' Mook use the radio that picks up WUOM ... but the stereo I am listening to is the $300 jobbie ... the other radio I picked up a garage sale, and it picks up all the stations ... go figure!

I certainly wouldn't want to be on your bad side!  Say you land a pretty good job where you are...still moving?  Could you live in the same city as Mookie, and not have to relocate?  Perhaps a whole change of scenery is good.

... that really is a good question.  I have been led by my case worker to several housing places and I could manage to stay here ... but since that would only be delaying what is inevitable, I don't think I would 'stay'.  Mookie has said there isn't a rush, as I won't front, she is a little worried about me.  I am not. 

I love your last line, Mark; everything will be fine, we have no other choice; and that is so true not just in your life right now with changes happening, but life in general; we have 2 choices, to move on and muddle through with the change or to stay put and wallow in self-pity, denial, bitterness, etc. Choosing to realize that you can make things fine and it is your choice to do so is the mark of a wise person which I believe you are.

... as I have said before, I hurt but life is still moving and going on ... the last thing I think I need to do is to lose myself in the pain ... I also recognize that my pain isn't the same as others pain, so I can't let it keep me at a loss ...

Sounds like you've mutually agreed to part ways.  Not ever an easy thing, but necessary when you know its the right thing!  Good luck ;)
... I think that I touched upon this earlier, but I like this particular reader ... always leaves good stuff ..!

your blog has a good name

good luck in all your journeys and always remember we create the demons that keep us separate from one another.

... the name I got from a title of a short story ... and what you say about what seperate us from one another is so true ... our own internal strife is what keeps us from recognizing the humanity of our brothers and sisters and keep us from seeing them for what they are

I love your last line, Mark; everything will be fine, we have no other choice; and that is so true not just in your life right now with changes happening, but life in general; we have 2 choices, to move on and muddle through with the change or to stay put and wallow in self-pity, denial, bitterness, etc. Choosing to realize that you can make things fine and it is your choice to do so is the mark of a wise person which I believe you are.

I think its great too that you have the support of your family!

... I have never found it in me to have that wallowing thing ... not saying I don't have my moments ... but that is exactly what they are, moments.  Last year, I did change my approach and found it wanting ... sticking more to my strengths ... I firmly believe that you have to find that place in your mind where you can make positive decisions based on positive reasons ... even when the choice is a difficult one, you should try to make it a 'plus' decision instead of a negative one... and I am glad for my family and our mending of our differences ... the same ol' rivalries are there, but the love is too!

Sounds like you've mutually agreed to part ways.  Not ever an easy thing, but necessary when you know its the right thing!  Good luck ;)

Yes, it is a good thing and thank you for your wishes.  But if it was an easy thing, then I would think that I didn't try.  This is a slow moving wreck though ... and I still think Mookie is a pretty girl ... so you may read some observations ...

But we are done.  She has become lighter being able to see that she will be able to 'get her groove back' as well.  I am happy for her, and will wish her well.

Do plan on NEVER speaking to her again ... but that is just me.  Yes Virginia, I do have some hard feelings in me ..!

I think this is the first time that I read that a woman channel surfed instead of the man; we tend to be the other way here, makes me dizzy at times

LOL!  If there is really something I want to watch, I will go watch it, but I like 'being under' people, so I tend not to mind when someone else drives the television ... but Mook and I have VERY different ideas of what qualifies as entertainment ... I am sure that has contributed to our problems as well, as it showsthe difference between us ...

As for introspecting our own flaws and growth, it's a tricky path. Just be ready to admit you may not have been everything you thought you were...meaning there is no limit to growth. I have a hard time accepting compliments on my writing, my life, anything....why? because I'm the harshest critic you you will find on my life. When I resign myself to admitting all those things, then I'm admitting there is no more room for growth....So criticism is indeed a wonderful tool.

That is why I like that Coors' beer commercial with the football coach (Dennis Green) at the press conference, mad, saying 'They are who we thought they were!'  I did think that there was something when we were younger that could tip us either way... now I feel like I found out what that 'something' was ...

I think I would have to agree with some of the things your other commentors have said. Sounds like Mookie wants out of the relationship too. Have you ever thought that maybe the things she does or doesn't do is to get you leave her? I would think that as a woman, she knows or is aware of all the things that bother you and that she is intentionally resisting being the woman for you so that you will get fed up and leave without her having to put you out. You seem like a kind person and I'm sure because of that, she doesn't want to hurt you, not realizing that her actions have hurt you.
Well, I hope things speed along for you sooner than later so you both can move on with your lives.

Best wishes man.

Yeah, I did think that some of what she does is to induce me to leave.  But I kept looking at it as a 'gotta get back into this' kind of round, one where the fight is slipping away and you have to do something dramatic to turn the tide ... and usually is the case, just as it is here, it isn't ever enough to turn the fight.

I would say your both in the same place, I don't want to offend you by telling you....I think when you do get ready to leave, Mookie will be a bit relieved, you both will. Nothing in life is harder than, not wanting to hurt someone. I think you both have had time invested here and neither truly wants to be the one who does the hurting...

And another good comment.  I think she is already showing signs of being relieved, and that is cool. Or so I tell myself.  It sorta has to be, because I can't wait to get myself in gear.  I don't want to hurt anyone, and I have to admit that I am more than a little surprised at her wanting to look out for me.  Sorta wish she had this attitude a year ago.

Well, that is about it for now.  I am on my way out the house to make an appointment.  Thanks for reading and everybody have the best day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how you did this; Mark

I hope your day goes well

betty