Tuesday, March 4, 2008

... not too bad so far ...

STILL ON GO AHEAD

Lil' Mook has a volleyball game somewhere ... means the girls won't be in until late.  Of COURSE I am not cooking anything ... mainly because the fridge is empty!  I wouldn't mind a nice meat loaf with some rice and gravy with french cut green beans ... YUM!

IT ISN'T DENIAL ...

... if you know that you are doing it!  No really, I am chill, admittedly at a more fluid state of being chill ... in fact, that is what is on my mind right now.  I guess Nebraska would say that the 'Detroit' in me is coming to the fore.

Mookie does have brothers and she does have cousins, and they live NEXT DOOR.  Uh, any wonder why I feel the need to be on a higher defensive posture?  There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest that I would have any trouble in the least in evacuation, but jeez, you never really know.  At least I won't let myself believe that I don't.

So the more that I get done in an empty house, the better.  As it is, I would like to think I have enough of my stuff centralized so that it would be a matter of minutes to pull up and out.  I will leave comfortable in the notion that I did all that I could to make this viable (I have seen that word bunches of times, heard it too ... wanted to use it ... not sure if it works, but what the hey!), so there won't be any regrets at all.  I know that I will get over the bitterness that is burning in my gut too, because it isn't burning that bad.

Right now, the thoughts of being able to see some of my favorite places in the Metro area are carrying me right now.  I am still aware that Detroit ISN'T Kansas, not by a long shot.  But Greektown, Hamtramck, Ferndale, Mexicantown and Royal Oak has enough life for me to look at.  Then there is the cultural aspect.  I WON'T miss the more artistic films, will go to the Film Theatre at the DIA among other places to keep me busy.

Nixxie thought that we should reschedule KT's visit.  That will prolly be my first priority when I unpack, trying to find some kind of work so I can go see her.  Now, I am looking forward to Lexxie, and maybe I can bring them together again. 

I do hurt and hurt pretty darned bad too.  But getting my gear together is therapeutic, keeps me from thinking too much about not getting the job done. 

And that I still haven't found my watch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a rough couple of days. I feel for you Mark.
I'm sure you'll get through everything just fine. You appear to have a strong faith. Let that be your guide.
Wishing you the best!

Anonymous said...

dang, where is that watch??  usually things like this get found in a move, but you aren't making a complete empty the whole place move, just your stuff. Think Mookie took it to play a joke on you?

betty