Thursday, March 6, 2008

...jusf feelin' ginchy ..!

... ACTUALLY ...

I prefer WUOM and the programming on there.  WKAR is a classical station when they don't run the NPR programming.  Sometimes that is cool, but not all the time. Anyway, yesterday on 'The Today Show', Mike Lupica, a columnist was pluggin' a book.  He was asked about the Democratic primary, and made an interesting comment on it.  He compared their race to a 4-hour baseball game where the score is tied and you just want someone to end it!  He also said, that if the Clinton's lose the hypothetical baseball game, they are the kind of rough people that wait for you at YOUR CAR in the parking lot after they have lost!

That struck me, when I thought of how Hilary answers the question about where or not Obama is Muslim or not.  That is a definitive question, as he has been a member of a Christian church for over 20 years.  She says, "... not to my knowledge, he isn't", and because I am involved with teenagers, I know what that kind of answer means.  She is leaving enough room for the dim that will vote to keep thinking he may be a Muslim.

Interesting as they featured several possible voters in Ohio were interviewed.  One of them, a man made a statement indicating that he had heard that Obama might be Muslim and that he wouldn't take his oath on the bible ...

... no, you DON'T want to see the Clintons in the parking lot after the game!

BET YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

The few that read this.  Dag, I think I WOULD like to know myself!  Well, here goes.  My Lexxie is coming up for a few days for Easter.  I have already purchased lil' Mook's birthday gift, and her birthday because it falls on the Easter weekend is going to be celebrated the NEXT weekend.  So I am going to linger in the Metro area and get my 'personal business' (and no, I am NOT EVER going to share that piece of info ... DON'T YOU JUDGE ME! j/k) at least started.  When that is finished, then the next step is to try to find a PAYING job.  I like the volunteer thing, but I do need some extra cash.

Sounds good so far.  I am going to keep my eye elsewhere, because if I don't, I will fall into a routine, andgettig into a decent is something I am really looking forward to, estabilshing my parameters (good word!) and finding the world within them.  This is the kind of nervousness that I like.  The first time I repelled down a practice tower ... the first time I heard the national anthem played AFTER one of my fights (in the amateur's, that meant you won!), just a good kind of jangly nerves.

Now, as to the residual emotions, well, I am just going to have to deal with that, right?  'Letting my experience work for me' is another one of my little phrases that I like to repeat to myself from time to time.  Let's make no mistake, I love Mookie, may even STILL be in love with her.  BUT, in my mind, more than my heart, it is an issue of self-preservation.  Though I had let my weight float since I have been here, I still had never had a good BP until I put in my mind that I was going to quit this.  How deep is this, really?

Well, boxing is actually a very loose group of ruling bodies, with a bunch of wiggle room.  I was getting a physical for a match and my BP was high ... now, I was in good shape and had been training.  Yes Virginia, me and Mook had some 'normal' household issues.  But since that day, I hadn't known a good BP until last month, when I mentally ended my participation in our relationship.  So this is one issue where the heart is overruled.  I still have some 'Sammy years' in me, and I want them!

So I will aim to practice 'active patience', and follow a script that is still developing, but a lot of thought will go into.  Today I have no errands, so I will start getting 'light'.  I may have to find a way to 'act' through another month, as there is TOO MUCH of my music on this darned computer ... can't afford to re-buy it, and it DOES make a difference to me. So I may have to purchase an I-Pod and get this stuff off to take with me.

AND THIS IS WHY SHE HATES ME

The one lady who tried to read my journal.  The ambigousness of our relationship can make one think either I am a cat who has suffered without reason, or an opportunist taking a good woman and riding her until she is of no longer any use.  That is FOR YOU to decide.  I know what I am, and I am cool with what I do.  If anything, I just wish that I had put a little reserve for myself as this thing drug out, but I thought we would be forever.  Oh well, c'est la vie said the old folks, just goes to show you can never tell!

Regardless, keep the apples up! (that means keep smiling through it all!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone judge you?  You know you best, and granted, words in a blog are just that...words.  Sometimes we read other things into your words, and may not be what you mean at all.  I do believe you're on the right track, for you.  Its your choice.
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I like that, keep the apples up!!!

enjoy the day :)

betty