Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

... okay, I confess ..!

During the long weekend, I took a couple of days of not eating, as that is just something I do in a strange place.  Not only that, there is some anxiety that worked itself up as well.  This all adds up to stress, not to mention I was 'on the clock' with the most demanding of foremen, Pecan Sandie!

Me and Lexxie had a flat out ball, but it still had some stress for me, separate from the provincial town that I jog 'round.  Like some folks, I have a 'comfort food' that I lean on ... in this version of Mark, it is what I call a 'candy cocktail'.  I think that I have described it before, two REGULAR SIZED (cause the extra big sizes taste different to me) Butterfingers and a liter of Coke.  I had one Monday ... and again on Tuesday ... and again on WEDNESDAY!  So not cool at all.  Since I want to have it happen, I am going to stay away from the dreaded 'cocktail' until JUNE.  I had it well under control until this weekend past ...

LOOKING FORWARD AND SEEING FOREVER

I keep kicking myself for not being more into my personal memorabilia. I have been through some nice spot, places that are hazy for me ... Seattle is a cool looking town, and don't ask me why, but I thought Des Moines was cool too. 

I am not really 'sad' about not being able to pick up and run off like I once did.  I take it as a change of seasons, that I need to sit my butt down and chill out!  I would think a nice, medium-sized town, where they OBEY TRAFFIC LAWS would be fine.  I let it slip to Mookie last night that I had been struck on my bike just before Christmas ... since I didn't 'lie' I don't feel bad about it!  No worries as he was just backing up and wasn't going fast.  But it has made me more mindful as I move about town.

Read in another journal about someone's experience with the fine, fine civil servants here in Michigan ... you only THINK they are slow, where you are at ... I have had to deal with too many different commission and licenses agencies to let any one believe that theirs are the worst.  I have NO DOUBT that in Michigan, the choose from the bottom of applicants or politicians place their crappiest family member or 'friend of a donor' in these positions.

They specialize in being rude and officious, and with the racial dynamic in the Metro area, the inner ring suburbs are getting to be as annoying as those inside of 8 mile road ...

... thought you should know ..!

WHERE WAS I ..?

Oh, 'Forward seeing Forever'.  The entry that mentioned their troubles with the Michigan bureaucracy, which is what I will struggle with next.  But when I get over that not so small of a hump, the vista looks flat and clear.  It is exciting to consider the possible ...

I am not too scared to sleep on a bare floor ... is the heat working?  Can I fire up my television and hook up my PS2?  The I will be all good, at least to start!  I look back to when I started this relationship on the two count, and remember asking myself if I wanted to trade in my life for a chance at being in love ... no worries, no regrets, because you have to risk something to get what it is you want.

Listening to the remix version of 'Strobelite Honey' by Black Sheep and remembering how I was still behind the wave, listening to old stuff on the yard like I had heard it for the first time ...  pulling my housemate up through the crowd at the Omega party ... and NOT having them beat me into a grease spot for chatting up their girls ..!

Well, lil' Mook has homework ... I am still doing my 'Corn-holio' buzzed impersonation of Beavis ... so don't be surprised if I am out here again ..!

Listen to Lisa Loeb ... she is cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go through "Butterfinger" moods too -- usually when my sress level is way high...but I prefer a Diet Coke chaser.  

Russ

Anonymous said...

talk about a sugar rush with the butterfingers and coke!! I can see why you would be careful to limit those

I'm sure you will find the right place to call your new home; I've lived in California, Oregon, New Mexico and Montana; if you consider any of those places I can help you get the "feel" of them

betty