Saturday, March 22, 2008

... cause State has the late game ...

MISSED MY GIRL AGAIN ..!

Jill Scott at the Fox Theatre

Never heard of the opening acts ... quality or not, wouldn't have mattered, I would be there to see my girl Jill!  She is looking slimmer, having weight previous to her accepting the role in the Tyler Perry movie, 'Why Did I Get Married?' that ran over the summer.  Slimmer, bigger, I wouldn't care, as long as it was Jill!

My music tastes have never been 'to type', so when it got out that I was into Jill Scott, people jaws dropped!  My LBGF (henceforth Tee Jay) and I went to a show of hers at St. Andrew's for $16 apiece.  They were prolly asking for much more than that at the Fox, but it would have been enough for me just to be downtown, while she was so near to me!

She radiates a personality that is so attractive, that for me to feel like that with another woman, is a positive, all systems go kind of thing.  Ol' Nebraska has a lot of that flavor, and Tee Jay did (does??) too.  My Delta Girl in college had it, and even Nixxie, though she wasn't feeling me like that.  Still, it is a good sign if I am channelling Jill talking to a woman!

WHERE CAN I TRY ONE?

There is a commercial for the Toyota Sequoia, that has the actors rolling around in thes big clear balls.  That looked cool, and I am envious!  I want to do stuff like that!  Moving back to the Metro, I am sure I will find a place to climb rock walls and do all sorts of different things.  I may even treat myself to a session of sparring once a month ... just once, to try to get it out of system.  I know that I shouldn't, but people shouldn't smoke, or drink alcohol and they do that every day.  I promise, if I do (cause the self-preservation thing is going off ... LOUDLY), I will limit it to that once every other month thing, and not to 'challenge' any of the young cats looking to claw their way up. 

Good enough!

CLOUDY SKYE

Other than seeing my family and taking on the government of Detroit, I have to try to repair my relationship with my oldest daughter, Skye.  She is a teenager, and I don't have any clue on how she feels about me.  If I get all my ducks in a row, I should be leaving the state, and I would want her to know that she is welcome in my life, and if she wanted, she could come with me (what, a dead beat can't dream ..?  it could happen, so I better ask her!).

Our trouble emanates from one source ... her Mother.  I have it on good intelligence (not that WMD stuff that Cheney used to get us in a war!) that she would not mind if we got back together ... and that will NEVER happen so don't even go there!  Even Mookie gets that feeling ... Tee Jay did too.  And if that wasn't enough, my first wife even intimated as much!

But she also has spent a long time of bad talking me to anyone who would listen.  My eldest sister (Jan Brady from her on out, get it, get it?) fell out with her for awhile over such things.  So my question is, perhaps something her Mother said or did made Skye stop wanting to come up I-96.  I aim to find out.

Game time soon ... and for real this time ... enjoy the holiday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

find out for sure!!!  Happy Easter my friend
d

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! I agree, you should ask her.
Tawnya

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other commenters, do ask her

hope State wins the game

betty

Anonymous said...

Ask...and accept the answer she gives.  Even if you don't quite buy it.  I'm just sayin'....asking teens anything is a hit-or-miss kind of deal.  

Russ