Tuesday, February 26, 2008

...now I am sooo tired ...

...went and gave blood for my chorlesterol test today ... maybe THAT is why I was up so early ... of course, it has pushed me off my regular schedule.  I like having a routine, that is one of the more valued things I missed about work.  I remember how my BFF and I would talk about the job that it seemed everyone else was whining about ... great benefits, matching 401 and paid holidays ... what more could you want ... a discount on cars with the big three ..? You got it!  I am super glad she is still there, getting PAID.  She really deserves it.

Decided to run to the clinic to get it done.  Anyone who lives in mid-Michigan knows that it snowed this morning.  Must be about an inch on the ground, perhaps more.  I just know that it made me no difference.  Took a nice easy pace, the ol' 'Airborne shuffle'.  I am going to get one of those CD's that are filled with Army cadence on it.  If you can't get off your butt and do a little jog with that, then yes, you can officially call yourself hopeless!  In fact, maybe I will talk a little about ...

FITNESS ISN'T FASHION

All these routines that you see, just put money in the pockets of those crap cats who couldn't last a round with me skipping rope, let alone hitting a heavy bag (except for maybe Jillian ... she TRULY knows her way around striking things ... martial arts or just as a boxer).  The reason that I am dismissive of the routines in the infomercials is the same appeal that Jillian has over Bob (which I don't know why ... he works you too!) is that Jillian just kicks your butt, with old school style, move yer butt attitude!  And what she does is pretty basic.

She employs a lot of isometric kind of resistence ... a lot of body weight stuff.  This forces you to increase your coordination as well as gets you stronger in a more 'natural' way.  While it helps to know 'how' to train with isometrics, we already know how ... it is call doing push ups and sit ups!!

When it comes to starting to work out, the simple stuff is the way to start.  I have never forgotten how I came to being able torun like I do ... starting off watching television and running in place during the commercial breaks!  When it comes to fitness, simple works best.

Whether it is walking for 5 minutes then adding a minute each day or if it is doing the same with push ups, you can GET STARTED right now.  You are a long way from a fitness class, so don't worry about what you aren't doing ... do what you can.

I am amazed that people don't use what they have around the house.  You know the large bottles of detergent?  Fill 'em with water and you have perfect dumbells for curls!  Grab a couple of cans of soup or peas and walk around the block with them a few times.  Keep chipping away at getting fit.

I remember in one journal seeing how the person enjoyed that their clothes fit better ... that is the first sign of becoming fitter, NOT weight loss.  I mean, it should come but there are other factors involved.  Muscle development is, on the other hand, absolute.  Once you tighten up your body, it needs less space.  And the feeling is there immdiate, or you mean you haven't watched your arm tightened when you are carrying something?

Well, I am going to try to take a little nap.  Hope everyone else is having a good day ..!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entry helped me. thank you.

Anonymous said...

sleep well, my friend...

Anonymous said...

bet your cholesterol tests will be good!!

I hope you are getting some well deserved rest now

betty

Anonymous said...

Mark, you inspire me to work out more, hope your cholesterol tests come back ok, Hugs Lisa