Wednesday, January 9, 2008

...splashing in the sunlight ..!

            Don’t remember the last time I felt as good spiritually as I do right now, right this very second.  May not mean that this is going to be a particularly good year, but I do feel very good about myself, and my prospects.

 

            Of which, I have none.  Not visible to the ‘nekkid’ eye.  They are there nonetheless, and I am going to see them through.  Sometimes, I even wonder about how it is I go about my life, exposing myself to so many unknowns and unknowable things.  That is one of the things that I have done since I was a smarty-pants kid, willing to race that by the time my reply to a taunt was explained, I would have had a good enough head start home!

 

            My first wife seemed determined to ‘show me how the real world is’.  I still have a small piece of anger left <oh, she was HATED for several years … had to soften that to a ‘don’t like’ because I wasn’t going to commit the energy to keeping the hate going> , because unlike what my Mom told me to give to her, I do feel she took from me.  Because I remain convinced that there was malice on her part, I can do a lot of things regarding her, but granting forgiveness isn’t among them.

 

            Does it make me a hypocrite?  Or does it make confirm my humanity, because it is well within the ‘normal range’ of human emotions?  Discuss.

 

            Went to the library and picked up some more movies.  I am going to have a kung-fu mega movie weekend!  I bought some ‘break ‘n bake’ sugar cookies … I got inspiration from a cooking show for some cookies.  I am going to melt some milk chocolate in a bowl, bake the sugar cookies, then flip half and lie them on some wax paper.

 

            Then I am going to put a smattering of strawberry spread on one of the exposed side of the flipped cookie.  The other half of the cookies will cover the strawberry spread.

 

            Dipped the new ‘whole cookie’ in the melted milk chocolate, put on the wax paper, then put in the fridge for about an hour <if I can stand it!> and let them cool.

 

            Then sit back, watch either a good movie (Choices are, ‘The Third Man’, ‘Unforgiven’, ‘O Brother, Where Art Thou’, and the original ‘3:10 to Yuma’.

 

            Ooh man, I am going to enjoy myself ..!

No comments: