Sunday, December 2, 2007

... yeah, like what Marcellus told Butch ...

... you just gotta fight thru that ... that's PRIDE eatin' at you ...

Been doing a lot of whining this first weekend of work.  Did I whine like this going to Grenada?  Naw, cause I was too focused on not becoming a casualty to whine!  But to be sure, when we set boots on the ground and the duty turned to cake, I didn't want to be there!

This isn't supposed to be easy.  It is going to take a lot of sweat equity to make this pay off, and I have to be willing to do just that, sweat and do the whole Winston Churchill ... even when I overcome one thing only to be faced with another.  I tell myself that I am capable, so from here on out, I am going to believe it?

...Reaching the moon ...

Addressing my compulsion to find that special someone, I am as certain as I can be that I have found her.  That she is a thousand miles away isn't my concern.  The concern is that she IS out there for me.  So I need to orient my mind and my direction,  in the direction of my dream.  The only story I need to worry about the end of, is the one that I am trying to write <and I am blocked after only 3 pages ..!>!

Today on CBS Sunday morning, they ran two touching features, one was about twin sisters and the other was about a family of blues playing children.  The twins were endearing, two women who lived the as the mirror image of each other, having one son, and even dressing alike!  They were well into their 70's and it made me think how cool that would be to have a twin or someone that close to you ...

... which took me to Chicago and my sister there.  She is a twin, but we have been close.  To our regret we have drifted away from each other.  That is something that is on my 'to do' list, that our relationship get restored, or at least deeper than what it is now.  When I saw her last month, I could not believe how much I have missed her, and how happy I am for her.  She has more going for her than she realizes, and she is working as hard as she can at find it out!  But I digress ...

The other feature was about some precocious kids who couldn't read music, but played the blues along with their father, going from local stops and festivals in their home area.  They were pretty good, and their father encouraged their playing ... all the way to Memphis!

He took them to a renowed blues festival there and they placed 2nd!  It was so neat, because they handled their success with aplomb and were quick to credit their success to their parents. 

One of the things that struck me was that their Mother called Nebraska to mind ... and I kept thinking how cool of parents we'd be together ...(yes William, I know ... it is a loonnnggg drive from there to here and then to Carolina ... but I don't have to work out those details ... at least not yet ..!)

I am just glad to get rid of all this darn whinning ..!  Don't have to say what I was sounding like, do I?  And I may carry a purse, but that don't make me a punk!

No comments: