Sunday, December 2, 2007

Too much sugar ...

... makes anyone feel sick ...

Think perhaps my idosyncratic butt got voted off the island!  Ol' Nebraska found herself a little outdone by me tonight ... doesn't change my thing now, does it ..?

Tomorrow, I just hope I can stay on message and get my resume printed and off to the company my counsuelor and I have picked out as my first try.  I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I feel sure about the try.

Used Sean Taylor as a 'teachable moment' today ... not to speak ill of the departed, but his on and off field troubles would indicate that he was but another ill-groomed urban football player ... he was not a good sportsman <though in his defense, he wasn't supposed to be for his position on the field>, and some of the off field issues made it seem that he was a well paid common thug, who still got into 'street trouble' even though he was econmically beyond that.DREW SHARP: A recurring theme in sports: Live hard, die fast

I think that the columist hit the nail; on the head, especially when it comes to Black atheltes.  The ties that still bind the only serve to drag them back down.  I used lil' Mook's awareness and her fondness for 'My Name Is Earl' to illustrate that though by all accounts Sean Taylor was in the process of developing character and altering his compass, karma doesn't care about that.  He had spent a lot of time creating bad karma, and it may have been time for him to pay his due ...

No comments: