Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shower Time <get up slacker!>

… don’t know what it means … sort of wanted to blame a lack of maturity for my finding myself in music. It may not be right to do, but it isn’t necessarily wrong …

… today, a song by the Canadian band The Stills, ‘Lola Stars and Stripes’ has found a groove in my mind. I don’t know what it means, just that episodes of my life flash in bright colors across the gray skies in my life. Not all are good, many bittersweet. Together though they are all the sum of me. That is something that is always a good thing.

Reading about Kevin Everett and his fight to make the most of what is left in life has further emboldened me. I like what he said, “You have got to be strong. Plain and simple. If you get knocked down, you have got to get back up.” It is just like that. No grey or reading in between the lines. I have told myself that this is going to be the year I do just that, get right to it and go at things straight away.

Talking about his rehabilitation process, he spoke of how each day he gains a little more, and that leads to him going a little more further the next time. I have to keep that in mind, remembering that I have the additional challenge of not having a team or financial werewithal to go about things like he does. Doesn’t mean I can’t have the same attitude. Every second that I cut from a run, or each time I make it ‘up and down’ more than my goal, is worthy of celebrating.

I don’t think that Mookie is going to change. That is clear. I don’t know that if she was to attempt to cross the divide that I would be willing to go BACK OUT and help her make it through. I have 19 days to get into gear, and it is going to be a long time, with both her and lil’ Mook off for that time as well. Instead of being ‘tired’, I am just going to suck it up, and do the damn thing ..!

… doesn’t mean I want to go to Christmas dinner ..!

No comments: