Tuesday, December 11, 2007

... out in the tundra ...

... could groan about Mookie ... I must have had a special delievery of nerves, because she got on a few of them ... but not today, not gonna do it ... so far, I'VE had a good one ...

...regular wake up time to wash my face, brush my teeth, and jetted up the road to Meijer's to do some grocery shopping ...

... did I tell you that I don't drive ..?

... the weather is sleet/snow, making the roads slick ... no problem, because I hang on the sidewalks ... just that it does get at me coming down ... now, the store is about 2 miles up the road from home ... and getting there wasn't the issues ...

... carrying the groceries back on my bike was ... see, the reason for the pre-dawn ride was so that I could shop, drop it off at the house, then jet to my Doctor's appointment at 10 ...

... did I tell you that I enjoy shopping ... OF ANY KIND ..?

... so I go shopping around the store ... making sure to get what Mook has put on her list ... then picking up what I want us to have ...<when she starts doing the cooking ... she can determine what gets got ...> my bike is operational, and I have been doing stuff like this like, forever ... but when I got thru the check out, it was 9:15 ... and it takes 15 minutes on a good day to get back home with groceries ... and when I looked at what I had purchased ... which was a little bit more than usual, I knew I was up against it ...

... so after I ran to get two boxes of Special K Red Berries for the lady behind me <she was in a wheel chair> and I was off ..!

... I thought for a second about waiting on the bus ... but I didn't want to chance not getting to my final stop in time ... so off I went ... carrying seven plastic bags of groceries ...

... as I went ... the bus DID over take me ... but I kept going at my pace ... got into the house and got in gear ... I figured if I got the perishibles in, I could get the rest when I came back ...

... left the house with about 15 minutes to spare ... guess how far it is to my MD's office ..?  15 minutes ... on a GOOD DAY ... I was having issues with my brakes, so I was tentative about going fast ... then I do have to cross streets ... but I just told myself I was going to make it ...

... and I did ... was a little on the sweaty side, but otherwise none the worse forwear ... got my 'scripts filled, and put away the rest of the shopping ... got my onions and peppers chopped ... about to get going on my dinner ... ooh ... I think I had a nice day ..!

No comments: