Tuesday, December 4, 2007

... it lay before me like a blanket of possibility

I really do like being alive.  I mean, today is a good day in my book.  Others see the overcast and feel the chill of sub-freezing temperatures and get funky ...

But me, riding my lil' ol' bike ... in between the low drone of a passing car's muffler and the yelping of puppies in a yard with their Mother, I feel good.  No reason other than I am alive and pedaling a bike in December in Michigan ...

... could be doing this somewhere else ... and I will find myself just as content ...

... lil' Mook has been struggling mightly with her Algebra ... she is in an accelerated class, as she is tracking like an honors student ... don't know if she is part of her jr high program, but she has always been part of the smart group ...

Her Mom asked me if she should take her out ... put her in the normal class for mathematics ... I disagreed, saying that she has to learn to work at school at some point, may as well be now ... she enjoys being in the faster classes, and to step back would send her a signal that it is cool to fold when it gets tough ...

... and that is where I left it ... no qualifiers or mollycoddling ...  I wasn't interested in debating ... offering my view was enough ... she has been doing what thinks for quite awhile now ... before I got here ... since I have been on the scene ... and will continue to do so ...

... did pitch in on the homework ... set them on the course ... and let Mookie drive the car ... it wasn't important that I am supposed to be the math wiz, it went just as well that Mom finished it off ... don't need any credit ... not from lil' Mook ...

... anyway ... that is it for now ... dark clouds are on the horizon ..!

No comments: