Saturday, May 11, 2019

INTERMITTENT JOURNALING..!

The consul that I have sought in reframing the dawn of the latest era of my life makes journaling and important and intentional act in building a successful life.  In fact, the very act of being able to sit down and find that space where you can think clearly and put down what is on your mind and the thoughts that stream from those things to make up one’s consciousness is a precise step.  And that step, is one that takes me, or anyone, really, closer to making their goal a reality.  One of the constant ironies in my consciously choosing “a thing”, is the contrast that it has had in my philosophical mien until very recently.  Since this is not a “theory and practice” entry, I will leave things there and go on with what is in my mind.  For instance…

Much of the reason and purpose for my journaling has often been in conflict with the state of my present relationship.  Whether it is thoughts of gratitude, intention, or mapping, keeping separate from my current physical state of affairs has been a challenge.  That it has become such a challenge, it has me locked up and trying to find a thought stream that is flowing with thoughts of my independent future.  So that is going to be part of the test of my adaptation.  After all, the things that I am looking forward to are coming up in my rearview mirror… they are closer in my rearview and I need to be prepared for it.  Besides, I have failed to mention that my daughter, KT, is headed to Columbia for a summer internship and I worry… see, on an episode of “Law & Order” there was a young intern who…

BESIDES, I AM SOOO LUCKY..!

I have mentioned before how working at Pinnacle Fitness Club has given me access to people who “know people and things”.  For instance, recently I misplaced and then recovered my wallet.  I had been given an “in” to the Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), so it was felt as a mid-major loss.  This Friday, I ran into the doctor as he was leaving the gym!  He wrote down the contact and Tuesday I will be doing a cold-call!  It won’t really be all that “cold” as she does have my card and knows I am stumbling around looking for her.  But I will be letting her know that we can likely make an arrangement that is suitable to help PD patients and get the franchise up and running!

KT called me recently to confide in me.  I felt like such a freaking PARENT that it was unbelievable.  I mean, I was measured, made her comfortable with a little inappropriate joke to make her feel comfortable talking about “stuff” with me.  This is something about our relationship that has really anchored me… that she talks to me about emotional things… even in high school she has been able to “cry on my shoulder”.  This is good, because she doesn’t feel that comfortable being that emotional with her Mom.  And that is being said to say this;  it really, and I mean REALLY, feels good to not just say that, “I have three daughters”, but to be an active participant in KT’s life and now, Skye’s life.  

My bike, Tiffany Waffles (Skye named her) is in the shop.  Seems like her crank is buggered up and that is my untrained assessment.  I am back on Madison and she is a people-powered bike.  And yes, I am a little more weary when I am done with my day.  Kitty’s daughter graduates from school on Mother’s Day… who holds graduation on Mother’s Day?




1 comment:

ThomasLB (AbbiesTreeHouse) said...

I don't really blog as much as I used to. I have a lot of quotes and music in the queue, but I need to focus more on original content.

I think at its best, journaling is a meditative process. It forces you to sit down and organize what has happened to you into something that makes sense. It lets us see the patterns that are unfolding, and that gives us the power to make adjustments and change things/