Sunday, January 13, 2019

THE WINDING WAY

BEFORE THE BEGINNING I was doing some spelunking on Facebook recently.  The profile of an old friend from the days of running around heedlessly in my youthful ways.  He was happy and he looked fulfilled with his family.  One trait that we both shared and that he still embodies is that of confidence and the power of positive thinking.  Seeing his happiness reminded me of the potential that once lay in me, unfulfilled potential that I aimed to tap into by moving to Omaha.

My weakness in “blaming” the presence of others in my life has become a marker for me.  Whatever the handicap is, an internalized false belief that I use to protect myself from my own flaws, or that there is some sort of mystical energy that comes into play whenever I am part of a relationship, it does not matter.  The outcome is still the same.  Just as this could be a coping mechanism on my part, it is also a reality as it is my perception of the world.  Thus, I have grown and developed a mindset that accepts that not everyone is going to be willing to pay the cost of becoming whatever they really are.  Just as my illusion of perception has taken hold over me, other people have their own illusions, and they are as real to them as mine are to me.  While I have never tried hallucinogenic drugs, the idea that life is either a illusion or that it is being simulated has been one of my persistent beliefs.  An addendum to that is the unique perspective of existence and the acknowledgement of the power that we have to shape what we call life.  Growing up, I found that I was in the minority and that, my friends, is how I came to the belief that I was not necessarily meant to find a partner.  The pursuit of one’s destiny is best done alone, and I still feel as if mine is out there, waiting on my arrival.

Enough of the whining.  

One of the initial takeaways that I had from reading “Think…:A Black Choice” was that the relationship that one has with belief in oneself and with money was undervalued.  The things that create wealth (and “wealth” being that which one desires) and are ability to reach those things mainly lie within a person.  We are not locked into any sort of fate or destiny.  These are all things that if we choose, that we have the power to change and shape into the things that we want and desire the most in reality into our possessions.  That reality is a matter of perception and that we get to shape the reality that we want with the things that we believe are true and what will be true in the future.  And the path to accomplishment is really that simple, that easy.  The PRACTICE of accomplishment is another story!



1 comment:

ThomasLB (AbbiesTreeHouse) said...

The first half of your post reminded me of this song: https://youtu.be/VGM43B_kyxk