Friday, October 21, 2011

A SMURF'S BEEN TIRED..!

...AND WE WENT JACKIN' OUR JOHNSON'S ANYWAY...


So that was prolly the next 'update' about my progress school until, maybe, FOREVER!  What a way to start the week out, missing assignments and flubbing the ones that I turned in... jimny frickin' cricket..! Don't want to jinx myself by explaining any details other than to say this will NOT happen again and I am getting back to grinding away again..!


OTHER THAN THAT, THOUGH...


Nebraska and I have reached a level of understanding that we can both live with and move forward from.  That is a good thing and I figured that I should mention that as well.  I don't think anyone should read anything that isn't in that statement because I did not leave any 'air' in it for there to be speculation.


Nixxie and KT called today and we had a nice conversation.  Tentatively planning a summer for one little girl.  Lexxie's Mom is doing her 'spooky girl' routine about letting her come out.  Lexxie herself is down, so that isn't the problem.


Next week I am going to seek out the Omaha chapter of the Notre Dame club so that the three of us, Ken, Nebraska(maybe) and me can sit and watch the Irish play while he is in town.  I was surprised to discover that there was such a thing, but it did not sound too far-fetched that there would be an alumni group for a national institution like ND.


My academic performance took the wind out of my sails, to be sure.  The Info Systems class that I miss the work for, well, the instructor does not allow for 'make up' and if I want to get the grade I aimed for, I will have to ace pretty much everything from here on out.  The reason that I have been trying to 'hustle hard' was in anticipation of being average on the final and that by being an industrious 'A' student, that I would end up with a solid 'B'.


As for the Composition class... what can I say?  The poor habits that I practice here in my journal followed me into the assignments for school.  Apparently, I was not alone in turning in slack work, but it did not bring any solace to me.  I think the instructor was particularly miffed at my effort because though he spoke to the class, two of the mistakes he mentioned that he saw were specific to my errors and I thought it was not a coincidence that he did so.


HOW POORLY IS PRESIDENT OBAMA REALLY DOING..?


I ask this question because under his watch, we have avoided financial ruin, enacted National Healthcare, took out Osama Bin Laden AND supported the overthrow and the bringing to justice (yeah, I know, it was murder but bear the heck with me!) another dictator in Africa without direct US involvement.  The obstructionist Rethugs are doing all that they can to hinder the country and I wonder if anyone electable is going to emerge from the candidates on that side of the aisle?


As disappointing as President Obama has been to me, there is still no clear alternative to him as President.  My biggest worry is that all the 'dog whistles' that have people in motorized scooters wanting the gut the very programs that enabled them to obtain them and the same can be said of my fellow Pell Grant-enabled students in school... the Rethugs have shown every inclination that they would gut these and other programs and regulatory agencies, returning this country to the robber baron 1900's.


THOUGH THERE WILL COME A DAY...


Sort of had a date but nothing came of it.  Agreed to meet in Old Town with a woman I met on my travels hither and yon and we talked and that was it.  I thought I would have written about my night, especially after I had read what Lou had to say  on when a man realizes that the sun has indeed set on his appeal to young women.


With very few exceptions, I have almost always found myself with age-appropriate women, who I define as being (+ or -) 5 years (though SD is a couple of counts beyond on the (+) side) in age from me.  I also have a rule for addressing whether or not I would pursue someone who is more than 5 years my junior.  A woman that young would have to clearly indicate her interest before I would approach her.  One reason is that, at least locally, women in their late 30's have thing about the next decade.  Stunningly, I have had 37, 38 year old women comment about my being 'older' at 44.  What makes that troubling is that I would like to think that our life experiences would place us on equal ground.  I mean, late teen- early 20's child?  Check.  Divorced (and in some cases, a remarriage and 2nd divorce)?  Double check.  Optimally, I would *ping* someone in the early 30's but I kind of get annoyed at a woman who is 'caught' between reality and who it is they think they are projecting.  


I know that men have been doing this for years.  The dance is nothing new... like I said, there were a few exceptions in my life where I was the 'May' to another's 'December'.  But while men want to still feel that they are still appealing to younger women, I still look primarily at women who are in their 40's, and one woman who by her life's accomplishments, is in her late 40's to early 50's!


When I do find myself entrances, it has most always been when I find a well-dressed and neatly coiffed mature woman, one that I can imagine is young enough at heart that I can envision going off hiking with or a simulated rock climb (and just maybe the real thing!), or anything that demonstrates that they are still a human BEING and not a human DONE!  Holding hands and walking slowly along the many paths and parks in town, being willing to call that an 'evening out', those are the things that appeal to me.  I could not picture a younger woman being content with that as being an 'evening out'.


Sure, I am confident that if I wanted to find me a late twenty-something, I could.  But I just don't want to.  When I think about my 'youth fading away', I think more of my cognitive ability and this isn't a realization that I came to 'yesterday'.  This was something I would think about when I was living in my 'run 'n shoot' days.  I'd look at then-older women and 'scope 'em out' so that when I got to where I am now, that I would not be lost trying to chase after 'silly rabbits'.


But I am no longer sure if they aren't as bad as the older rabbits, who can be just as silly, if not more so...

10 comments:

mrs.missalaineus said...

that sucks about your class. i feel like i am being suffocated with take home work that i cant get done at work if it is any consolation.

i'm down with the +/- five rule. the one time i broke it it paid dearly.......

xxalainaxx

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

(In my best Mommy voice) Get your ass in GEAR! School is hard! WORK HARDER!

OK. (smile)

I am cheering you on! You are starting to be very descriptive in your desires in a partner...keep going... you will speak her in existence.

Have Myelin? said...

The only rule I'm following is the ones I get when I have "Blink" moments.

If you've read the book you'll know what I'm talking about. It's a very good book and it really opened my eyes. And no this isn't a plug.

Say what are you getting your degree in? I'm sure you've mentioned it but I've missed it along the way...

DB said...

So you got a wake up call at school. That's good. Hard work pays off (I don't have to tell you that).

I think people pay too much attention to age. The insides are what counts no matter how old one is. On matters of romance, no one has written the rule book, as far as I know.

D

Mizrepresent said...

You revealed alot about your desires (well in at least the type of woman you would like to experience). And i feel your assessment as well as your wishes are on point, in every way. I've dated younger (much to my dismay) and older (much to my dismay). Finding that right combination has been a challenge. But whatever the age, i need responsibility, and fun-loving, and someone who looks at any of our meetings as a "perfect" date.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh....I hope you find your lady, mann. You will definitely. You're amazing. Why will you not? :D
I like your +/- rule. Definitely gonna keep that in mind.

Beth said...

I know you'll get back on the academic wagon. You're a hard worker and I think you do not like such a setback, and will make yourself work harder to make up for it!

I wish I could join you when Ken is in town. You guys will have to make sure you get a picture!

Toon said...

"As disappointing as President Obama has been to me, there is still no clear alternative to him as President."

That's it exactly. The thought of a teabagger or a bible-thumper in office is terrifying, and maybe a second Obama term will be seen as a rejection of the white trash 'don't tread on me' sentiment.

Anonymous said...

I can see how the school issue put you on edge, with all synapses snapping & popping...but you meet things head-on, you'll fix it.

Ken Riches said...

Not sure a Notre Dame club would work as I am not an Alum. We can just find a sports bar or such. Let me know if you find out something else.

Evening Out does change as we get older. However, every now and then we like to let our hair down :o)