Saturday, October 9, 2010

SLEEP DEPRIVATION

Other than a pair of micronaps, I haven't had any sleep since I woke up at 0530 hrs. on Friday.  Weather has still been gorgeous and I guess if I was able to travel Hines Drive into Plymouth, near where Hutch lives and I once did, I would be able to really take in the beauty of early fall.

I don't care for staying up all night.  Yes, it is entirely stress related.  Packing has begun to take on nighmarish proportions for me and even trying to work through the clutter does nothing to ease the pressure.

The layover in Chicago should be a short one.  Then the 9 hour drive to Omaha and hopefully I won't have too much trouble getting to my hotel with all my gear.  Nebraska says it is only a few blocks from the bus terminal, if so, that will be great.  I am lugging my bike and maybe two extra bags... I hope they don't gouge me too much. 

There is a Facebook page that I liked and follow, 'You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have'.  And pretty much, that is the only choice that I have. 

What I am feeling tonight is a lot different than my feelings this summer or last year when I got up and went to Virginia.  When I ask myself hard questions about whether or not I should go, not only do I like my answers, but my confidence grows each and every time I answer those questions.

I hope that I find my way to sleep sometime in the next 24 hours.  The toxicity of my fatigue is high and really am finding it difficult to function.  Not only that, I don't think I mentioned that a few weeks ago I had quite a fall on my bike.  Dinged my right shoulder and it still hasn't healed fully.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I find a doctor right after I get my rental tux situated (see, if I wasn't going... but that is that with that... I am going to do right by my little sister), finding a doctor will be my top priority. 

Right now, the rough sketch I have for next year has me enrolling in school in the fall.  The reason for that is I want to get as acclimated as I can before adding the pressure of school to my weight and I would like to see my Carolina daughters this summer as well.  That means I need to get my house in order and again, get a better feel to my new hometown.

Finished up the script for my man... it did turn out pretty good, if I say so myself.  If he does get it in production, I will take him at his word for the much desired screen writer credit.  That would mean more to me than any finacial remunerations.  Since it is his first time out, I told him that he could grow with the characters that he introduced in this film, as the movie ends with major storylines tied off, yet the further development of the major characters is on the surface, ready for exploration.

Next time I come back out here, I will be somewhere in Omaha!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lie down, close your eyes, take a deep breath and let it out slow. Feel yourself sinking into your mattress. Do it again. Another deep breath, let out slow, and as you let out that breath, feel yourself sinking even even deeper into your mattress.

When you wake up, tomorrow, say "Thank you, Lou".

You're Welcome.

betty said...

ouch with your bike fall Mark and no you didn't mention it; do get it checked out when you can. I hope you are sleeping by now. how exciting! Nebraska!! finally! ever since I started reading your blog, you've been talking about Nebraska and here it is! you go! I know you will get it all together and it will be a good experience for you

betty

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Godspeed.

Holding you in my prayers as you travel. This journey of yours is one I have been following. I am cheering for you at every turn. I want every good thing imaginable for you. I look forward to your landing. I'll be here waiting with baited breath.

Take care and rest. Restore your sense of balance. Rest. Restore your sense of inner peace. Rest. Restore your body to its opitimal self. REST.

Ken Riches said...

Safe travels friend.

krissy knox said...

Came by to read your blog, Mark, and now reading of your past few weeks. You must be tired from so many new changes. Let us know how you are doing.

krissy knox
follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/iamkrissy
friend on facebook:
www.facebook.com/krissyknox
sign our jland directory called From Jland To Blogger:
http://fromjlandtoblogger.blogspot.com

mrs.missalaineus said...

get that shoulder checked out- justplainbill, another oldjlander here on the blogger almost didnt get something checked out and it ended up being serious enough to end him.

transition well friend, it's not safe to sleep on the bus anyways.

xxalainaxx