Thursday, February 25, 2010

ESTABLISHING CONTACT

WHY I SHOULDN'T WATCH FOX NEWS

First, I try to see what is going on with the other side... but they make it so hard to take their platfoms seriously. And it is frightening that so many people do and think that they are informed, when they can't be more wrong.

While I can't say the liberals don't have hacks of their own in the media, it is the brazenness of how the people on the right try to warp things to fit an agenda. Watching Greta Van Susteren try to make Gov. Schwarzenegger bad mouth the stimulus package, when in the Governor's mind it helped California is farcical. She couldn't get him to say what she wanted, so she invented stuff to try to get him to drag on President Obama. As she made the comment about a different strategy maybe bringing Cali '200K jobs instead of only 150k', I thought to myself 'Crackuh, please!'(daps to Beth for that one!)

Another outlet talks about how 'white' the Tea Party is. Don't you just love how people codify their predjudice? There aren't any black, brown, or yellow at their gatherings. As scary as South East is (and I only know about that from watchin' Shawn Yancy on Fox 5!), I'd go there before I would find myself on the fringes of a Tea Bag movement (and I call it that, because the Tea Party is a way cool band from Canada!!) gathering.

EVENT HORIZON

The feeling that I have right now isn't going to go away anytime soon. I have tried to write about it a couple of times, once even scribbling an entry down. But I deleted soon after, because I didn't want to believe what I had written down. Then I thought about shuttering up the place. I didn't want to feel like I am living a lie to myself and to any readers. I am here now, so no need to go on about that.

Often I find that people are like Carolina's Coach Williams when it comes to putting things in perspective. How many times can a person stand the 'worst time of their lives', as if their life was so epic that it transcended itself. As bad as I may feel, I don't think this is the worst. I have a great girl who I truly enjoy and get along with. But none of what I am feeling has to do with that part of my life.

I have told myself that I have been a positive influence in the lives of other's and some of there success (perhaps) came at my expense. So if that was true, I thought to myself when Mookie Dee and I were in perigee, I will finally be able to go off and live just for me and my desires.

That was why I made sure that if no one else understood, I understood that Nebraska and I were going to be friends. Coming to grips with that and its possible consequence was done awhile ago. Being alone holds less trepidation for me than synching up in a relationship. Or anyone who wants to get thatclose with me. Because for all the pain I've caused, it wasn't as if a toll wasn't taken upon me.

And I am careful enough with the language I use with myself. Mean what you say and say what you mean. I avoid certain words and phrases for what they connote and carry with them. I am thinking that Brutus was aiming for effect when he said 'tide', as if it happens only once in a lifetime, this opportunity. For me, that hasn't been true.

Still, I don't want to miss the next one... WHEN it occurs.

4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

I think it is a sign of deeper thinking and consideration to take the time to only say what you mean to say. I am the same way. Hope you can find your next path and opprotunity with a minimal amount of hurt going on.

betty said...

I'd be happy if the stimulus brought a certain son living in California a job. I surely don't see much getting better here with our economy and jobs. I watch Fox at home, CNN at the gym (go figure but its the station I can pick up on my walkman). Both have their own agendas to suit their needs.

I hope you are doing okay Mark. I do think about you and pray for you occasionally.

betty

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

I think we are perhaps on the same path of enlightenment.

Forgiveness begins with self...that's what I am learning. Don't know your story. But I sense you are coming through with a strong sense of purpose.

Oh and I never watch Fox News anything...they are sad and destructive.

DB said...

Mark, Brutus was talking to a hot head, not dumbing down but as you said "aiming low" was it?

Being honest with ourselves is no easy matter, especially when some one else is involved. It's easy to be told what to think, i. e. the joke known as Fox News. But I think facing the realities about ourselves gets easier the more you do it. And, yes, the tide goes out, the tide comes in.

D