Monday, December 21, 2009

NOT THAT I REALLY DO, BUT I AM JUST SAYIN'...

I think this ironic take on Christmas pretty much says it all for a lot of people this year. Honestly and for real, I don't get to hyped about the holidays. For me, the effort goes into keeping people from seeing how uninvolved with the whole deal I am. I don't have that creative side to make things festive and pretty for the season. In fact, I am a poor event planner.

Why do some people talk about how little they think of the commercialization of the season, but get hurt by the thoughtlessness of a gift or lack thereof? You know the kind of person I am talking about, the 'oh, you don't have to get me anything...' kind of people that when you DIDN'T get them anything ...

Anywho, hope everyone else aren't as buried with snow as we are here. Supposed to snow and rain at the end of the week. Can't wait to see what a foot and a half snow melt looks like..!

4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

We are going minimal this year, and are liking it :o)

Myra said...

It was upper 60's and sunshine...sorry, just had to! The news has been relaying tales from the east coast...yikees! I pared down this year too, still it was more than I wanted to spend, but...I'm jus' sayin'!

The Brown Blogger said...

I love Holly's video. It's hard to get into something you don't even believe.

betty said...

I would imagine you did get quite a bit of snow Mark (thanks for the card before I forget; that was very sweet of you :)

I'm the type of person that says "don't get me anything" and then gets a bit upset when someone actually does get me something, LOL. We are trying to scale down on Christmas; we had a more minimal one last year which I liked better than this one. Got to get back on that thinking for next year

betty