Saturday, June 6, 2009

IT IS MY TURN ... LOOKS LIKE I AM NEXT!!

GUESS WHO HAS FINALLY MOVED UP TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE??

I wonder how many folks who read this, will understand the significance of those words?

A FRIDAY NITE, SATURDAY MORNING

That is a way cool song by the ska band, The Specials. Been a busy Friday, and will be a just as busy Saturday, hopefully followed by a less busy, but as productive Saturday.

In for the nite, @ 2:00 a.m.! Where was I at? Ooh, not ready to tell just yet, if ever. It is what some people think, but not what others may think.

Plan on getting the interviews set up with the cat Monday. Hard to work this thing out around his schedule and all. But I even saw a human interest article to show him, like a template for the angle I am going for. I have absolutely NO idea on how to sell a story, much less write one, but that is why it is going to be so successful.

DREAMS HAVE POWER ... BEGIN THEM NOW

If it is in navy, remember that I GOT IT FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE. It could be a half remembered something, so I am putting that out there, to hopefully avoid copyright stuff.

'Patience', is where you let the wonderful things you have done or initiated go to work. Do what it is that YOU DO, then leave the rest up to fate.

I remember the feeling I had when I 'didi mow'd' from the provencial town and came back home. I felt I was set up for something big, because for the first time in a long while, I was pretty much set to the calendar. I found that interesting.

My recorder is working, and I plan on taping as well as taking notes for my article. I think I am going to get an outline together, to see where I would like to take it, but I am going to rely on his story taking it where it needs to go.

IS ANAL RETENTIVENESS RELATED TO OCD??

Cause I get called that... Anal ... I think mine, if it is that is related to something else. But I don't need to inform the peanut gallery. If it is, que sera.

MEDIA MADNESS

Who has seen the movie, 'Mystic River'? That was simply an AMAZING piece of filmaking!! Clint Eastwood is still underappreciated as a filmaker. Since I don't want to spoil it for anyone, I won't.

One of the things I need to do, is to make a list of movies like that, movies I wouldn't mind seeing when I want to. I have bought only a few movies, because once I have watched it, I have watched it. But there are certain movies, 'Unforgiven', 'Pulp Fiction', 'Castaway', that I watch whenever I run into them.

I sorta was surprised that I like '...River', since it had Sean Penn as one of the leads. Not that he is terrible of an actor, but I think he is a skoosh overrated. 'Milk' was a good movie, but it didn't blow me away. Even in his breakout, 'Fast Times ...' I wasn't into him.

He did a great job in '... River'. So did Kevin Bacon. Tim Robbins was EXCELLENT. Again, brilliant stuff.

I have 'Life of Pi' ... I don't have it with me, but Beth read the book and recommended it, on cassette. I plan on 'reading' as I run for this week. I normally don't do audio cassettes, but I saw this and I figured what the hey.

JULIE RUIN

I am trying to remember the name of the lead singer for the band Le Tigre. I can't call it, and it dances on the edges of my mind. Oh well, I am way past sleepy. Later, gator!

4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Glad you had a great few days. Have an even better Saturday. Good luck with the interview Monday :o)

betty said...

I bet if you googled how to sell an article, Mark, you would find some helpful advice about that. It sounds like it has potential for people to want to be interested in it; I'm looking forward to hearing the progress of it as you interview and write it.

betty

Beth said...

I hope everything goes well! Looking forward to hearing more about it. It wasn't this Beth who recommended Life of Pi. I haven't read it. I was never much a fan of Sean Penn, but I loved him in "Sam I Am." He did a great job in that, and it's very touching movie. Hugs, Beth

DB said...

Why don't you make a film? (Without Sean Penn.)