Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WHAT'S SHAKING IN THE SPO ..?

FIRST, LANGUAGE ADVISORY!!!
This is NOT your current Alec Baldwin!! Trust you me on this!!

I would watch this with my trainer, to 'get into character' for fights. This is how you motivate men on the front lines. One of the secrets to generating and motivating groups is when the rubber meets the road, what are you going to do?

Sitting down, 'Mr. BMW' (Alec NEVER told them his name ... they weren't even worthy to make his aquaintence!) and his chat with Ed Harris' character was Master Card commercial worthy (it's priceless).

I like the current season of '24', and the woman president. There is enough feminity in her to let you know she is a leader, but she is all business. There was a decision where her husband's life was in the balance ... and she chose to further endager him!! She said to the effect, 'she could not ask the American people to make a sacrifice she herself wasn't willing to make.' It was a tough call, but she never flinched. First hubby would have been toast, were it not for the redoubtable Jack Bauer.

The first time I got a glimpse of how 'tough' women can be, was when my Mom drug me up at the butthole of the day, to go skate because I wanted to play hockey. Back then, THERE WEREN'T ANY black players, but me. It took a season before the cats at the rink got off my case ... skating around, not so much.

Then, there was golf ... I would have to catch the bus, carrying my bag, which was bigger than me. Get to Livernois and 7 mile, then hike up to Palmer Park to take my lessons. I only remember missing one ... and you have one guess why I only missed the one lesson!

Oh, let's not forget boxing. I won my first couple of fights, then I lost a fight where I had knocked the kid down, but ran out of gas. When the post fight meet and greet went down, and my trainer said, 'You know, your son could be a good fighter, but he needs to work on his stamina', she asked what did I have to do , to develop it?

"Well Mrs. Johnson, the first thing he needs to do is his road work."

And like soldiers, boxers run in my family. She knew what he meant.

The next Sunday after that fight, once we finished my paper route, she drove me to the Livonia Mall, about 5 miles away. At the corner of 7 mile and Middlebelt, she told me to 'get out and run home'.

Eventually, I would figure out a way to get into doing my road work. But the message was recieved.

... now that you should know what 'PSK means' ...

Security, Plans, and Operations. That is what that means. There are some things that have been changing around me ... and how the changes are going to affect my timetable is causing me a little restlessness right now. I will have to write them down and look at what's what. Nothing bad, at least not as far as I can tell. But I don't want to hazard a guess ...

Too bad they don't make ruby slippers in Men's size 13!! For sure, I would 'click them together' and I would be home ...

3 comments:

Beth said...

Okay...DAMN! Why have I not seen that movie?? Of course I've heard of it, but it's one of those that slipped through the cracks for me. Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, and a young Alec Baldwin? I've just added this to my list of must-see movies.

Thanks for the kick in the butt!

Hugs, Beth

Sage Ravenwood said...

I have a feeling I would of loved your mom! She just sounds like someone I would enjoy knowing. (Hugs)Indigo

Ken Riches said...

Mums know best. Size 13, wow :o)