Wednesday, June 4, 2008

... read "Bummed" as ...

... HURT ... AND RATHER BADLY ...

She gave it back.  Hutch took me up, got everything I need to get done, finished.  Spoke to Lil' Mook, as she stayed home from school.  Waited for Mookie.

The details are details.  Did not say 'I'm still in love with you", but allowed for "and you know how I feel towards you".  Did say that falling in love and having a partner is still important as a goal for me, she said she didn't need to be married or with someone in her life (note to self; next time you hear that one, scratch name of list and send back for vetting).

Got my gear, came back down the belt way.  Just hurt.  Ring discussion went as follows: "You gave it to me", "But the gift was conditional".  "Okay, you can have it back".

... and that was that with that ...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are hurting.  Words cannot ease your pain, but at least the page in that chapter of your life has been turned.  Focus on the future, but don't dwell on the past, nothing you can do to change it.  "Those that live in the past are doomed to repeat it"...that always comes to me when I'm taking a step backwards.  You will survive, my friend.
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I know you have mixed emotions right now, but you did what you needed to do, and got the ring back.  Her reaction is a reaffirmation that you made the right decision.  Hang in there :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your stuff back, Mark, all of your things; I'm sure it was a very difficult time; I'm glad you got to see Lil Mook though, I hope that was the silver lining for the day

I do think you made a wise decision to leave that relationship

betty

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww, Hugs to you Mark, Love Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the ring. Yes it is conditional! good luck friend.

Anonymous said...

This made me feel so bad for you, but sometimes doing the right thing really does hurt.

Beth

Anonymous said...

"Parting is such sweet sorrow"...Parting ways will never come with a definite set of instructions, but you can always count on the hurt factor. I'm so sorry it hurt...I think you knew in some way it would. On a kinder note, this is now all behind you and you can move on. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

How'd things go with lil Mook?