Saturday, March 1, 2008

Stifled ... Yet Again

FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS

Before the actual boxing matches, they showed a young Mike Tyson, fighting in his 16th fight, against this cat from Cali, Mike Jameson.  Being a fighter, I could never see Mike as the 'fell warrior' that he was being advertised as.  I saw someone that I would try and beat.  Watching him, even as he was on his rise, I still see the same things.  Can't help it.

Then main event was a hurried match, in that both guys were fill-ins, one had a few weeks to get ready, the other cat TWO DAYS ... yes, I have taken fights on super short notice as well as a couple of weeks.  Weird how that works, but it is not so unlikely to have happened.

Watching the fight was interesting, as it was the eternal battle of youth vs. experience, fresh and new vs. worn and classic.  That the match ended in a draw was fitting, because they both fought well enough to win and lose the match.  I enjoyed the tension that was taking place, would the young cat rise above himself, even with the two day notice, and get the win ... could the crafty veteran have that 'one more fight' that experienced fighters have in them to pull out the win.  And it was somewhere in the middle.  A lot of times when you see a 'draw', it usually means the favorite lost, but the judges didn't want to give him a loss.  That was not the case in this match.  Neither deserved to lose, and they both did enough to win.

MIXING MY MENTAL CAKE

Yesterday was a little long for me.  Fresh snow can sometimes be difficult to ride thru, and always makes me work harder.  I didn't feel 'fresh' at the library, but I did my book shelving.  One of the things that I was struck by, was the 'candy store' feel I have.  No matter what section I am in, I want to read at LEAST one of the books.  Yesterday, I shelved in a sports section (predictible), a pre natal section (???, uh, I am so done with that!) and an electronic communication section (anything mechanical is a death wish for me!).

My mind snapped its leash yesterday and I was too tired to go run after it.  I popped out here for a second, spoke to 'braska and called it an evening.  But I had some 'dreams' for the first time in quite a long time.  I had confused some of my thoughts, and when I spoke to Nebraska, I told her I had her on my mind ... which was partially true.  See, watching the fights made me think where would I go to get in the ring.  Yes, I know, I know, not that is a not the best of ideas, but see, the 'fly-over' states generally have weak boxing commissions.  I KNOW I could get a fight, I still have enough contacts to do something like that.

I was running down the list of places I could go and fight.  One journaler is from Montana ... didn't I go to Bozeman ONCE ..?  Arizona came to mind too.  I fought there a few times.  I remember there was an occasion, when I was getting a decent purse, had a couple of quarters and some nickels in my pocket, I thought about STAYING in Phoenix, just like that.  My Mum had transitioned, my peeps and I had fallen out ... I was in Phoenix for a week, and I remember walking by a used car lot and seeing an old 'Z' car (that is the only car that has ever made me 'want' it, the Z-series from Nissan ... 240 to the 350) and thinking I could buy it, live out of it for a little while until I found my legs and latched on to Arizona.

Now to some, that would seem spontaneous.  But it was something that had a room in my heart, to live out in Arizona.  Like Nebraska, North Carolina, and wanting to be a secretary, I can't explain 'why', just that I know that if I had stayed, I would have caught on.

WALKING THROUGH THE VALLEY OF FIRE ON A MOONLIT NIGHT

I am a little lonely. I have always wanted to hike the Grand Canyon ... not like I am a big outdoorsy guy, cause I am not.  But I remember field problems, and it was a new experience for me, sleeping in tents and eating food prepared out in the field, trading MRE'S.

That was something else that put 'braska on my mind.  I don't think she would actually want to do something like that, but it would be fun trying to lure her out there on the trails!  Making the decision to eventually leave Mookie has sort of opened up my mind and heart to revisit some old relationships and adventure as well as to look forward to what is out there for me.

PANIC IN DETROIT (not just a David Bowie song!)

I plan on going to the Motor for a few days next month.  Yes, it is to reconnoiter and see what is going on.  I'd jump on it next week, but I have an appointment with my job consuelor (new lady) and my therapist/dentist (man, that 'Longshot Luck' is still with me!).  I have given myself a wide enough window to operate in, so there isn't a rush.  Looking forward to seeing Skye, we took off during Dec./Jan. and I was sick during the middle of Februrary.  She is a city teen, and isn't all that pressed to hang with her old man.  I tried to sneak her into one of the shows that I used to sneak into ... didn't pull it off, and I think she told her Mom ..!  Dag! 

Now I am a wallflower and I can't dance.  I told her I was just going to be 'in the vincinity' and she could hang like she wanted to ... we had a nice time strolling downtown, or so I though.  Her Mom read me the act, which was SUCH funny conversation.  You can't intimidate me ... at least not anymore!  She never did, but that she would rassle kept me off my square.

I used to like when she would say stuff about not getting my visits ... I would just smile, and say, 'Really now, I can't be sure, but I thought the JUDGE made that call for you ... let's go ask ..!'

Oh, she would get MEGA HEATED ..!

Well, I am going to get up and get a run in.  It is good enough to pick up some mileage today.  Y'all have the best of weekends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you got a good run in; its such a cliche, but the whole world is out there for you to explore, you have lots of choices and places to go when you physically make the decision to leave where you are at now; each place would be honored to have someone of your intelligence and thinking there (I'm saying this with sincerity; you are a very deep thinker)

I'd be the same way you were at the library shelving books. I'd probably make a pile for me to want to check out before I left

betty