Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Some philosophy stuff ... kinda ..!

SAY WHAT YOU WANT ...

... but Barack Obama can talk ... he knows what to say and how to say it.  His speech regarding his pastor was very good.  Is it going to be good enough?  We will see in November ... His possible Iraq intentions still give me hairballs ..!

RULES TO LIVE BY

And that is what they are for me.  Little pieces of wisdom that I have collected over time, and tried to put into my character.  I have read many of the books that I have pulled them from, in fact, I STILL take notes on books, though i haven't been as assidious <thank you, 'word a day page'!> in keeping up with them.  Too bad, as I prolly won't re-read many of them (yeah, read 'em again Mark you say ... here's Pynchon's 'Gravity's Rainbow' and Rand's 'Atlas Shrugged' ... YOU READ them over ..!).  But I do have enough of them around, and I have been struggling to get them all together.

Now here are two of Carl Von Cee's that I like and are in mind right this minute.  The first one is: "The minute we begin carrying out our decision, a thousand doubts arise about the dangers which might develop if we have been seriously mistaken in our plan.  A feeling of uneasiness, which often takes hold of a person about to perform something great, will take possession of us, and from this uneasiness to indecision, and from there half-mesures ..."

This is why occasionally I drop in that I am sure about my leaving on occasion.  I am not as ruthless as all that, and this is hurting.  Just this morning, being close to a fresh, made up, dressed for work Mookie reminds me of why I wanted her way back in the day, let alone right now.  Could it inspire the uneasiness that Von Clauswitz speak of?  So now you see why I clipped it out!  My plan is on go ahead, right down the highway.

"We cannot take this uncertainty too seriously, and it is important to be prepared for it from the beginning."

Yeah, essentially the same thing, but I have learned that repetition saves lives from my tour of duty.  On another blog, there was a link to a site that puts out a 'Wenesday Hero', with a tale about heroism in the Iraqi theatre.  It was good stuff ... and women look hot when they are holding an M16A2 ..!

But her story spoke volumes.  The soldier, Spec. Monica Brown, did what she had to do, what she was drilled in over and over, while her life was IN DANGER.  She did her job, with rounds of hot lead flying over and around her.  There is only one way to earn a Silver Star, and she has one.

SO IF SOMETIMES ...

The entries in this thing look familiar, you know have an idea why.  It isn't that my gears are slipping, but if something is that big to where I have to go back over it, I will.  I ALREADY KNOW THAT I HAVE MY CHALLENGES ... and MY GEARS ARE SLIPPING, but I also still hae my desires, still have my wants.  They all affirm for me that I want to live, and live the best way that I can.

Confidence in myself is what will keep and care for me.  I still believe in myself.  Very much so ...

Okay ... take care ... enjoy Blur!

*sidebar - I had wanted to go to a bible study, but I didn't ... wanted to make sure the girls at a warm meal, and I needed to have that chat with lil' Mook ... today, I am going to see if there is a another meet ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a warm meal and a needed chat are wise things to do, Mark!!! you are right, Barack Obama did do a good speech; I've heard both sides; those who criticized it, those who didn't think it was sincere, those who thought it was good; it just always helps me to remember to choose my words carefully because you never know when/how they will come back to haunt me.

Change is hard for me so whenever I make a decision that involves change, even though I am fairly/very sure it is something God wants me to do, I still have those self doubts you mentioned. Actually a lot of those self doubts; that was a good quote you quoted

enjoy the day

betty

Anonymous said...

I believe in you, too!
:D