Saturday, March 29, 2008

... puttin' on my Carolina hoodie ..!

... and they lost ... BADLY ...

June can't come fast enough.  I just am so weary of having to deal, and when it comes a those vunerable times when outside forces conspire with those who get on my nerves, not so cool things can happen.

Not that I am a big State fan, but I really admire the program, the coach, and how they go about things.  That Wisconsin lost to the Cinderella at the ball, Davision (just outside of Charlotte, and I have been on that campus, thank you very much!), means that the Big Ten have no teams left.  Which means that the national press is going to talk bad about Big Ten basketball ... which won't be totally underserved.

Sitting up here with Mookie and her best sister, is like pulling teeth.  At least Mookie played and actually likes basketball.  But her sister, is your typical 'have not a clue' female, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Until you start talking.

Why do people feel that they have to speak on something which that they have little or no interest in, but is the conversation in the room, that they have to say something.  Isn't it best to say nothing and let the conversation go, without people knowing you are an idiot, than it is to say something and letting that cat out of the bag?

Is it June yet?

MOVE ... GET OUT THE WAY ..!

That is the deal this weekend.  Tonight is going to be a tough deal, as I am thinking they are hosting the gathering here.  Of course, I am out of the loop ... they could be going to Mookie's Mom's, and I can avoid having to accompany them.  I already showed up for Easter.  Is this an offical kind of thing, where my prescence is required?

Being real ... hmm ... I guess I could give a primer on the 'reality' of this situation ... because for the ladies that read this, prolly can catch some of the 'things we know, that we don't know'.

BUT I DON'T CARE

I don't speculate on whether or not Mookie is having a change of heart or not.  When I was shelving books, I came across the Greg Berhendt book, 'He's Just Not That Into You'.  I wanted to check it out, because I think I could write a guide like that.  I wonder how much he covered, because there always seem to be things that are missed in those kind of books, things that stick out to me like a sore thumb.

For one, when I cat says 'he's out', that is what he is.  Don't loan him money, fix his car, help him pay his tickets or bail him out of jail.  Once he said he wants to get gone from you, then that is what he is going to do.  Admittedly, most of the time, the guys are jerks and all them other things ... I have been some of those 'other things' myself  on occasion.  But my problem is that 'those other things' lie on the outskirts of my person. 

So when Mook needs me to do something, I will do it.  If it has to take some extra effort, I won't, but she doesn't ask that much of me.  And of course, the lil' Mook has no idea ... maybe her best sister does, but even that is doubtful.  I am not going to even hope to avoid the tears, the hurt, or even possible pleas.  She has had MORE THAN ENOUGH opportunity to show different.

I do think that she is going to be ready for me to go when I leave, but just in case, I am putting it out that it is too late, too late for any of that stuff ... and that reminds me ...

MORE SOUNDTRACK STUFF ..!

ALIVE

It is a Beastie Boy song, from their 'Sounds of Science' CD set.  It is a cool, cool song, that qualifies for the opening line of the song - 'I have never been more ready in my entire life to do this'

Oh man ..! That is how you supposed to feel when you when bungee jump, parachute or cliff dive!  That is how you are supposed to feel when you close the U-Haul, board the plane, or get on the bus!  It is all ahead of you, and the promise awaits you ... if you can but keep you end of the deal ...

Do it!

Caribbean Blue

Just a beautiful Enya song.  Floating and soaring high in the blue skies and in the warm sun.  It is how I picture the solutions to complex challenges, as beautiful and wonderful.  This is a song for those moments.

Vacation

Two words - Belinda Carlisle!  Just a funny, poppy song with the right amout of loss for a summer crush.  Cool video, girls in those performing costumes being pulled by a speed boat!  Cool beans!

Rudi, A Message To You

Another ska lick, from the seminal ska band, The Specials (Free Yourself' is from the LA ska band, The Untouchables).  The lyrics are as follows:

Stop your messing around (ah-ah-ah)
Better think of your future (ah-ah-ah)
Time you straighten right out (ah-ah-ah)
Creating problems in town (ah-ah-ah)

Rudy
A message to you, Rudy
A message to you

It captures the spirit of what I tell myself, and keeps me 'on message' (hey, a play on words ..!) so I don't forget what I am doing.

I wonder if this is going to be a double CD ..?  Anyway, y'all have the best of days ..!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, I love Enya's music, Caribbean Blue is a favorite song of mine, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I saw the Go-Gos in concert when I was a goofy 19 yr. old (the Talk Show Tour).  They were so engaging and fun on stage -- it was years later that I learned they hated each other back then and the band was mere months from breaking up.  :(

R

Anonymous said...

June really isn't that far away, Mark; you'll be surprised how fast the time goes especially when you get closer to your leaving date and have a lot to do to get ready for it. I can only hope the gathering wasn't at your place tonight and you had some peace and quiet; off to check your next entry

betty

Anonymous said...

Lil Mokk needs to know