Tuesday, March 18, 2008

... normal, or something like it ...

... and I thought Life imitated Art ...

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

Ted and Barney are out on St. Paddy's day, and Ted has the vibe, the mojo, the 'stuff' working!  Things are just falling into place for him, from getting away with putting champagne on someone's tab, to possibly hooking up with a beautiful married woman.

Yes Ginny, I have had nights like that in my day ... might even have a few more up my sleeve ... but while I didn't have a Marshall then to remind me of what a jerk I was, I did and still do have a conscious, and I would like to think that it would step up and keep me from being such a jerk again.

TWO AND A HALF MEN

Just too darned funny!!  Alan is in what I call an 'empty suit relationship', stuff looks like it should be in place, but there is nothing inside of it.  He picks up break up tips from his brother Charlie, and he plans to break it off with his girl.  Mind you, he has good, solid reasons for seeking a break up, save for one important thing ... he doesn't push a little harder to find out what's wrong in the relationship.

Meanwhile, Charlie and Jake have their own little sidebar with each other.  It is as much as the differences in their ages and what appeals to them as much as anything.  Charlie is trying to watch a boxing match, and Jake talks up mixed martial arts.  Then they are watching 'Jaws' and Charlie tries to explain the building suspense when Jake counters with 'Snakes On A Plane'.  Finally, there is the going out scene, where Charlie is supposed to be 'coaching' Jake on the art of picking up women, when he finds that HE is the one who gets maced by a teenage girl's Mother, when he tries to set something up for Jake ...

... who meanwhiles gets to talk up the girl on his own!

BACK AT THE RANCH

Mind you, I wouldn't miss something like this, and as to my participation in something like this ... well, a guy has to have SOME secrets ..!

Anyway, here is why you need to have open communication.  Alan mistakenly thinks that his girlfriend is on the same page as he is, as things go well as they discuss their relationship.  He calls it off, when the girl starts crying.  It seems she wanted to keep the relationship and had brought a hot friend on board to 'spice up' their bedroom!  Funny stuff!

 

'... Old Christine'

Uh, couldn't watch it and focus.  Apparently, some stuff went down between the Mook's and came up in full force. 

Yesterday, I didn't get in until a little after 8, so that meant there wasn't any dinner made.  Ooh, the girls are going to miss me!  Mookie and I sat on the couch and it was comfortable sitting there.  Lil' Mook had the surly look that seems to be a part of the uniform for a teenager, so I didn't think much of it.  I would later find out, all from observing her Mother going off on her, that lil' Mook brought up the subject of a cell phone with her Mom.  The feedback that she got left her pouting and disappointed.

So they ended up grabbing some noodles and stuff for dinner.  Now Mookie told lil' Mook how to prepare something to eat, and lil' Mook of course, went all over the place, messing up extra stuff in the kitchen.  When Mookie saw it, as you would expect, she went off!

Lil Mook is an only child, which anyone who has siblings know as a position of privilige.  There are going to be some hard times, times she has never experienced before coming up, and it is going to be rough for her to adjust.  I was going to stay on the couch, but I went to bed with Mookie, rubbing her shoulders, nattering about non-essential stuff, and trying to relax her.  And if I wasn't tense before, I felt a little bit last night ...

BUT ON THE WHOLE, I AM NOT TOO BAD ...

Well, I am not.  I will deal, no doubt.  Today's challenge is to get started on some stuff that is overdue, and if I am lucky, will work itself out of my life.  That would speed things up to get me to my ultimate destination ... uh, you didn't think that I want to sit in Detroit for the rest of my life, did you?  I mean, I love my Dad and my steps, but for gosh sakes ... IT'S DETROIT!  More than any large city I have ever been in, Detroit enjoys living up to it's negative reputation.  Sure I could hang ... but if I don't have to, why should I?

Yesterday was about the most anxious as I have felt in quiet awhile.  But I calmed down and feel cool.  Anyway, my foot is almost back, I may do some 'up and downs' as it is wet outside.  Y'all have the best day ... I have to watch some more of the 'Doris Day Show' season 3!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, I would imagine you would have anxious times off and on as you begin this next chapter in your life; change is never easy even if we are the ones wanting the change; hoping today is a good one for you and you accomplish what you need to accomplish.

betty

Anonymous said...

I am an only child. I grew up with a divorced mom, so I understand the things that are to come. The difference is that I am adopted and yes that made a huge difference in my life anyway. I can understand what you say about Detroit. I live in a 'burb of Detroit and I want to move to northern Michigan. I have never lived in a town quite like this! I am from Florida. I never had to deal with the stuff that is going on with the mayor or any of that. Or any of what is going on with this state actually!

Tawnya

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a great attitude today!! Keep it up and I hope all works out! Melanie

Anonymous said...

Interesting...I had not heard a lot of negative stuff about Detroit.  I think most of the Midwest sucks, though.  Except maybe Chicago.  I'm rambling....

R