Sunday, February 10, 2008

... shootin' a street sweeper ...

... cause I'm sprayin' thoughts like bullets ... ALL OVER THE PLACE ..!

Kwame said WHAT ?!?

Kwame Kilpatrick is the current Mayor of Detroit.  He got caught up in a sordid affair with his chief of staff.  While having none of the panache of a 'Slick Willie', Bill Clinton, or none of the unrepentanace of the Mayor he seems to be intent on making himself in the image of, Coleman Young, the Saturday Freep has a subheadline 'I'm on assignment from God' ...

WHAT?!? Why did he have to bring God into this??? HE is the one who walked without the Lord (at least as I understand how faith works), now why when he is caught, is he invoking His name ..?  As an agnostic, I KNOW better than that ..!  He is caught with a hand in the cookie jar, and wants people to look on him as a messenger ..?

... the NERVE of some folks ...

... STILL taking on water ...

Whenever I have the opportunity, I talk about how important it is to be honest with your journal.  In fact, I refer to this as a 'diary', to indicate how intimate it is to me.

So if you have been trying to follow my overlong entries, you should know that my relationship is in serious, serious condition.  It is stable but nonetheless in serious condition, in the relationship ICU.  I will process things and get it in here, but first I want to talk about another coping mechanism, or 'check' as I call it.

Feeling out of sorts?  That downward trend seems to be picking up momentum?  Do what I do, go on a 'safe cheat'.

Today was not a scheduled run day for me.  But I could see myself falling into a 'bad way', especially listening to the kind of music I do!! So I went for a nice run, not too big, because it is cold up here Virginia, and that wind ain't takin' any prisoners!  But it was just enough to kick start my mood and get me through the day ...

Another cheat ... live in day-tight compartments.  Seal it up vacuum tight!  Go to bed and be resolute that you are going to wake up and smile NO MATTER WHAT ... fake it till it is real ... because it will become so eventually.  Do your thinking from UP THERE, not when you are down.

Even if you are on a diet, grab a couple of cookies and shrug it off ... as it is, i think physical fitness is more a mental fitness ... don't worry about how you look when you exercise, but concentrate on how you feel.  That is what keeps me going through my workouts ... that I will feel better afterwards.

... finally ...

READERS SAY THE DARNEDEST THINGS ...

"Some people are so beaten down by the system they must look at their soap and towel in the morning and think "why bother?"

Since I know that feeling, I try to ask myself 'What are you gonna do?' when I am facing that moment, and I keep asking myself until I get an answer ...

I've noticed you don't mention anything about "Nebraska" anymore. Kinda curious...left all that alone?

Well first off, I have to say that I haven't exactly 'left that alone', but things being what they are, it is what it is ... She has her own life and expectations ... I didn't meet some of hers ... fair enough ... after all, part of my frustrations where I am at is that MY expectations aren't being considered ...

I like to think that we are good friends, and I wouldn't mind being a long time friend with her ... it is going to take some work, and that is an area of my life that I can put more energy in ...

"So, did you ever find your watch?"<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

...NO I haven't ..!  In fact, this is going to be a topic of another entry, hopefully later in the week.  This is one of those things that make me want for someone I can depend on, who will risk getting out in front and setting a pace for me ...

That is going to be about it for now ... man, if Barack Obama don't have your dreamin' then you just ain't got no soul ..!  This is as close I think I will ever come to an event like the landing on the moon ... something that I never thought I would see in my lifetime ..!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"assignment from God"?  Yeah.  Good luck with that.  I used to be an agnostic until I was an atheist....and then I become resolute in a belief.  A belief that there is no god.  It's a stronger stance than "I don't know" or "I am unsure".  

R

Anonymous said...

you are right, the nerve of some folk!!! you are also absolutely right too on your opinions about him and his statement; I'm sure God was not amused by them

I like your "safe cheat" philosophy and living, especially your attitude to resolve to wake up and smile NO MATTER WHAT, even if it is a fake sentiment to start the day with. I'm going to remember that on rough mornings.

Barack...........he's looking good.  you know me enough to know my faith; I keep praying God will show us who he wants as president and a clear forefunner of his choice becomes known. Who knows, that could be Obama.

enjoy the day

betty

Anonymous said...

Exercise always helps to clear the mind, and helps the body to relax.  When I haven't worked out in a couple of days, I can feel it in my body...back hurts, stiff joints...and I'm cranky!!  Have a great Sunday!
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

That's something that definitely gets my blood boiling.....My mother made me and my siblings go without (I'm talking close to starving, one set of clothing deal here) While she took donations from people for us and gave it away.....Calling it God's work.....she looked the other way when I was abused....Saying God doesn't give you more than you can handle....I left home at 16. The few times I tried giving my mother a phone # for me, she used it for one thing and one thing only: To call me up on my Birthday and ask me if this was the year God was going to save me and then hung up.....I know all about people using God for there own perverted wants and idiocities.

As for relationships? No one has a clue , even with what you write here how your dealing with the current one but you. Your the only one who truly knows what lies in your heart. (Hugs) Indigo