Thursday, February 28, 2008

... scoping out the detrius in my mail box ...

'Hero' Girl Recovering After Shooting - AOL News

... uh, this is the kind of random 'regular' everday that goes on in Detroit.  Most big cities have areas of affluence that fairly escapes the kind of typical urban crime, but not Detroit ... the same kind of stick up that goes on in the less developed areas happen in the tonier areas.  That is part of what makes Detroit unique, that trouble is really everywhere to be found.

Other than having what I call the 'East Side Hair Style' on the mother, I am a little miffed at how typical a freaking story this is.  I am wondering about the 'friend', if it was a male or one of her instigating friends who think they mean well, but don't.  Why was she involved with such a cat that would be capable of such violence anyway.  Since I think I am treading on familiar ground here, I am going to say that some Motown girls just aren't interested in cats that will treat them decent.  I have been TOLD that I am not 'thug enough' for some girls (granted it was high school, but those girls grew up to make the kind of choices that Selethia did), like being 'fake hard' and treating you like crap means that I care about you.

Sure, it is sad that the little girl got hurt.  But I am not going to let the Mom get off.  This cat didn't go to bed one day, and wake up capable of being able to try to murder her the next.  The kind of behavior that I think went on, is what spurred me to divorce my first wife.  I am NOT going to fight and argue to try to love someone ... if they don't want to be in love, then freakin' fine, I will go on.  The sun will rise, tomorrow will come, and I will find someone else.  So will you too.

And for the trigger pulling cat ... if he DID have emotions that strong for the lady, why did it come to this?  I mean, couldn't he have given her a gift certificate to Red Lobster, some flowers, and tried to win her back?  What is with the notion that 'I'm gonna get a gun and either you love me or I killing ERRYBODY!'  See, cowardly cats like that, I specialized in making examples of.  My cousin suggested ... aw, never mind what he suggested I do, but punk cats like this NEVER, EVER inspired fear in me.  Any punk can trigger pull when there isn't a threat.  Now if you know that you got to put your butt on the line to get that shot off ...

Forgive the rant ... just part of my present frustration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet looking girl

I was glad they got the guy that did this and hopefully he'll be in jail for quite a long time

betty

Anonymous said...

There is....I'm trying to find the right words for this.....sometimes when you grow up in a certain environment..you don't know that life is suppose to be any different. To me all men where like that.....it took me until 5 years ago to learn there was indeed a difference. My last EX threatened numerous times if he couldn't have me, no one would have me.....Yeah, it does happen....And your right all parties involved are to blame, except for that sweet little girl. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

It was a good rant.  I agree with you.  How do situations get to this point?   Many years ago in Baltimore, where I was from, this guy who had put many a former girlfriend in the ER was dating yet another woman who finally decided enough was enough.  He escaped from the mental facility they had him in and when he couldn't find her he went to her parents house and held the family hostage until she would talk to him.  The police wouldn't let her.  The only three people who were allowed to speak to him were his mother, his psychiatrist, and his lawyer.  

After three days he finally came out on the front lawn and shot himself in front of the news cameras.    

Anyway I've cut way back on the blogs I've been reading and keeping up with (don't worry, you made the cut).  But I'm not reading every blog everyday anymore.  I didn't know that would work out... but it's especially nice with you... it's like reading a short novel.  Keep up the good words.  I'm anxious to hear how that white pristine snow works out for you.