Sunday, February 24, 2008

... cause I feel like it ..!

... watching ESPN this morning, they ran a story about the Va Tech basketball game last night.  They had a 'Hokies for Salukis' night, where the Va Tech fans all worn tee shirts with Northern Illinois colors.  Truly if any group of people could share in the pain and grief on the Northern Illinois campus, then it would be the people at Virginia Tech.

Something to think about when it is said how out of place sports is in our collective consciousness.  It was amazing to see all those people decked out in the red and black of NIU.  The act said, 'Brother, I feel your pain and you are not alone.'

Oh, Va Tech won the basketball game too.

Phrase for the day

Not something I plan on doing on a regular basis, but one of my projects is copying my favorite words and quotes to a floppy or a disc for easier access and portability.  Ran across one that I thought to share: "Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose- a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye."  -Mary Wollstonecraft Shelly.

That is what my 'big idea' is, the point upon which the inner, intellectual eye is gazing upon, trying to find its focus.  The thrill is the challenges that I face, I mean they are HUGE!  In fact, I can see myself as some point broken in tears as I push through to reach my destination.  In fact, I look forward to that moment, because if it doesn't happen, it would mean that nothing changed, and I am still stuck in the mud.

I can't remember all the details, but I have a strong memory of riding a Merry-go-round and watching one of the kids riding with me, reach for the brass ring and fall.  After they resume the ride, I of course reached out and grabbed the very ring.  Not all of my results have been that successful, but that is the kind of cat I am.  Who dares ?!? I do, that's who!

So You Know ...

George Michael can sing!  I have been a fan since his Wham! days (and I do mean 'since' those days ... all the way back to 'Young Guns'!).  Listening to 'Last Christmas' takes me back to days where my burdens were light and the road ahead ribboned out before me clear of traffic.

Well, I am the library to do my little 'quote project'.  It is going to take some time, but as Boy George sang, 'Time oh give me time ... time makes lovers feel that they got something real, but you know they ain't got nothin' but time ...'

... yeah, I am nostalgic ... so what!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you are a daring type of person; I, on the other hand, tend to be timid to try new things; change and me are not words used together well

that quote was a good one; the project you are working on a better one

enjoy the day

betty

Anonymous said...

Nostalgia about when burdens were light....yeah.  I have that a lot latelty.

R