Wednesday, February 27, 2008

... at the library

… I know I should be getting home, but I am out at the library checking out videos on You Tube …

I loved the B 52’s back in the day!  I am looking at videos to songs before they finally broke into awareness of the dim masses with ‘Love Shack’.  I don’t know if I can call a favorite song from them, as each time I do, another one pops up.  Of course, ‘Rock Lobster’ is there.  But ‘Planet Claire’ is a song I liked a lot too.

 

The song that really got me stuck on them, was ‘Dance This Mess Around’.  I had it fixed up to where it was a song I was singing to a girl that made me feel ‘like limburger’!

 

I could go on about this group … I feel like I was the only person who bought their Mesopotamia’ tape.  My friend Hutch who is a retired history teacher, liked to point out the historical inaccuracies in the song … I would argue creative license.

 

The live performances of my obscure bands on here is a treat beyond measure.  I really admire some of the fan videos too.  I have been watching one posted by a kid crazenby, for a Jeffery Lewis song, ‘Anxiety Attack’.  Too cool for school!

 

I could sit here all day, but I want to make dinner, nothing special just some garlic shrimp in a marinara sauce and some spaghetti noodles.  Just gonna cruise some Gossip videos if they have them … saw them at a Sleater Kinney show … they opened for the gig, along with the Black Keys.

 

It will feel good seeing shows at St. Andrew’s again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like an enjoyable way to spend the day;

I like your line "but I want to make dinner, nothing special, just some garlic shrimp in a marinara sauce and some spaghetti noodles"

that sounds special to me; bet it was delicious!

betty

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me how much fun that group was....I can hear the song the "Love Shack" going through my mind now...(Hugs) Indigo