Thursday, January 3, 2008

... entry after a Ny-quil night ...

… today, no physical stuff … try to get in 30 minutes MINIMUM of walking/stationary bike … even if you have a step riser in the basement underneath some junk unused … go get it and step on it …

… this is a full routine that you can rotate around yourself, hitting all the major groupings you need to begin to get fit … between this and watching what you eat, you have a good start …

… I will begin talking about diet next week … but remember, this is just a start … trying to get a little toning done and introduce the body to work … next month prolly be more into aerobic stuff …

… back to regularly scheduled programming …

“… But instead of looking to be accepted by the popular kids or the ones who ran the school, I looked for the other people who were sitting by themselves. We were the people who were picked on …” -Jessica Alba, actress

I pulled this out of the names and faces section of the paper yesterday.  Jessica Alba is very beautiful, and looks as if she was always beautiful ... but in the excerpted quote, she is speaking of her jr. high school period, where everyone is unfinished and awkward.

She went on to say that she pulled through those rough times, by keeping in mind that by the time that she moved into adulthood, those people won't matter much anymore.

For me, I just didn't care.  Finding boxing and that growth spurt helped me move past not being in with the in crowds. 

Or the stoners.  Or the nerds and geeks.  Or anyone, really.  I had to make like a Castkill comedian from the '50's, working the crowd, shaking hands and keeping it moving.  Never really threatening anyone and making even the least feel bigger than me.  After all, I knew who and what I was, and I didn't think that I needed any puffery.  So I found myself working hard at making others feel good.

From the outcast class in the crucible of social hegemony that was high school, to my 'so-called adulthood', that is the way I am cut.  It has for the most part worked well for me, and I have no real complaints.

I think that is something that my first wife has been able to see as time has gone by, not to mention that she has remainedclose to my peeps.  I don't doubt that in their conversations over the years, she heard about how perplexed I was by her anger, when all I wanted was to see her happy, and make her happy.

Yeah, I would like for someone to make me happy too.  But making me feel like I matter would go a long way to doing that.  Nebraska got it right the first time.  I am STILL soaring over that weekend, not wishing for more than what I got, but taking tiny sips from it each day. Even a catcus needs some water ... though too little water kills most flora, a catcus suffers when it gets too much <uh, I learned that the HARD WAY ... sorry Skee-wee ..!> water.

Got to make my appointments.  I am out ..!

No comments: