Sunday, January 27, 2008

... can he do it ..?

... of course I am talking about Barack Obama ... he talks like I feel ... hope and optimism ... his victory speech ... "Yes we can" ... Listening to Juan Williams talk about Barack's victory in South Carolina you can hear the hope in HIS supposedly impartial voice ... just like the hope in Chris Matthews voice last week when HE was asked ... I have NEVER read or heard the passion about a politician like I have heard regarding Obama ...

... I wasn't a Obama guy at first ... my guy was ... anyway, I still want him to compete ... but I have to admit, that the guy has the hope market cornered ... it is hard for anyone who wants change, NEEDS change, to stick with clearly establisment choices ... I would like to know how he feels about same-sex marriage ... and more about what he thinks we should do in Iraq ... that worries me ... will Iraq break us like Afghanistan broke the old Soviet state ..?

...back to regularly scheduled programming ...

I am going to switch up my little routine ... I have been walking with the program I have been writing about ... it is a switch for me, as I have changed my focus on the calisthenics more than trying to run in the cold ... but I like running and being out in the fresh air ... but it IS cold ... so I will ride my bike with two rides a week exclusively for fitness ...

One of the things that I have never heard when talking about boys being raised without fathers, is how it relates to their 'effeminity' ... though I don't think that I am as effeminate as others, I do have my ways (and I get reminded of it from time to time ..!) ...

Like watching pageants ... I haven't made beauty contests 'must see TV' in a good long while, but I remember sitting with my Mom and the rest of the 'girls' ( my darling brother is straight out the box gay) and watching ...

I also remember going to some 'Miss 4-H' kind of shows with Pecan Sandie ... I remember cooking with her, and making messes in the kitchen and just coming up with stuff ...

Getting back on message, I would have like to have seen Miss Michigan win last night ... I bet my friend Hutch watched.  Would have been cool, especially since things are so very depressing ... and it has nothing to do with the season ...

When I go to meet the job placement consuelor at the Employment offices, I am always struck by the faces of the people there.  I know the look in their eyes, you can even smell it in the air above the general odor of people with different hygine pratices ...

Not like I am doing much better ... but I am glad that I have MY blues and not theirs ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

honestly, I hadn't really taken the time to listen to Barack Obama until last night when I heard his victory speech in South Carolina and I liked what I heard; perhaps it is time for fresh blood and change in Washington. My ears will be opened more to what he says in the future

my brother grew up without a dad, he became a compassionate person, caring person; I also think it helped him be a better dad/husband knowing what he had missed

I think your new exercise routine sounds like a winner!

betty

Anonymous said...

This country needs more then a new voice to get us out of our financial hole & back on track. Clinton has the political savvy to do just that. Obama's lack of experience scares me. I don't want to see another Democratic blunder like Jimmy Carter. Even
worse a bigot like Mitt Romney. Let's see what Super Tuesday brings before falling for campaign hype. Obama has lots of sizzle but let's see the beef..... :)

Anonymous said...

I recognize that deadpan look in the unemployment offices your talking about, on both sides - the people needing a job and the idiots dumbfounded on how you intend for them to help you....Amazingly even with a great work history (my last job lasted over 14 years) the minute they heard deaf, they shut down on me....Another story another time....

Politics are something I seriously don't have a lot of faith in. I have an avatar on my side bar that says : Isn't it funny when it rains , it pours, they have money for wars , but they can't feed the poor....Some how I doubt that the war will end with the latest presidential wanna be. To make matters worse my future son in law will be off to Iraq sometime in July-August, his specialty is a machine gunnist....Hope is all I have. Otherwise I fear for the future of my daughter, she's only 19 too young to know a loss like that.....
(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Some people are so beaten down by the system they must look at their soap and towel in the morning and think "why bother?"

R