Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sea of Doubts

Despite my best efforts, I haven't managed to out grow the identification of popular music to my moods and feelings.  The knowledge that 'popular' is a relative term when talking about the music that I listen to.  That is why I tell Nebraska that she is 'cheating' sending me Jill Scott's latest songs, as I so rarely like anything that is part of popular consciousness.

Azure Ray is one of the many indie bands that I have.  I don't know if it is right to say that I 'like' them, as I only have the one release from them, 2003's 'Hold On Love'.  Today's feature song, 'Sea of Doubts' captures the inner conflicts of the soul.  That the meet with my employment consuelor felt unproductive, it certainly fit my mood at the moment <uh, von Clauswitz tells a brother how to deal with doubts ... so it was just a 'good song moment'> riding back to the house.  The bus heading towards my side of town was passing me, and I decided to hop it.  Had to ride it down, but I got to it, and boarded it, thinking of pushing through with my day.

When the bus reached the Meijer's store nearest to the house, I decided to get off and go to the gas station to fill my tires with air, as they were in need of a fill.  I then pedaled on, and rather than go to the library, went on in for the day.  One of the irrating things about Lansing, is that the things that I like to do, seem so far away <even though they aren't, not compared to Detroit>, offer little satisfaction for the trouble.  The Azure Ray song was still in my head, and when I logged on to AOL, I punched in the band and looked them up.AZURE RAY BIOGRAPHY

The link made another 'link', this one with my soul.  The connection is extremely thin, like the thickness of a blade of Kentucky Bluegrass, but it is there.  Another reason to make Omaha my new home page, and for one of the girls in the group, it would be for a similar purpose ...

Since I went to Chicago last month, I was in the process of looking over the shortcomings in Lansing, both personal and geographical, and getting use to them, in perpetutity.  The lack of social outlets to a malasie that is tangible, it is one thing alone that brought me here ... and if I had forgotten why it wasn't enough the first time, I am reminded now.

No comments: