Sunday, October 28, 2007

A surprise long run day … after a surprisingly brisk walk … which sandwiched a surprisingly effective work out … all in all not a bad Mark day, at least so far …

My concentration is a little off … this isn’t troubling in itself … because I tend to feel that it is a by-product of outside forces that distract me from what it is I am either trying to do or thinking about. Today is a clear example of this effect. Getting up early and deciding to work through my ‘funk’ and getting out, walking to the YMCA … and then having a good work out and a surprisingly good run home carrying all my stuff, I was feeling rather fine.

Mookie and lil’ Mook were at home … seems Mookie wasn’t feeling up to getting out today and she didn’t get in gear to go … I wished that I could say something to her, but to what ends ..? She doesn’t listen to me … I doubt if she even hears what I say … dinner came across fine, but I was off my stride a little … and I am just going to leave the table with what I have … don’t want to force my hand when I am beating the house, so to speak …

I emailed Mitch Albom’s column in today’s paper … it was about his relationship with Morrie Schwartz, the professor who inspired his book, ‘Tuesday’s with Morrie’. I kept the column, emailed it, and was really touched by it … I found it to be inspirational … and it gave me hope … for a better way, a better place …

My Mom also was in my thoughts … somehow, I was thinking about the differences between Mookie and I being traced back in part to our upbringing. To me, Mookie is unnecessarily cautious and looks from a perspective that is not one that I can embrace. I just know that my Mother had me believe in many things, none as important as belief in myself and my pursuits … that I wanted to do something was enough … there needn’t be any talk or consideration of anything less than being what I wanted …

For some reason, Mookie is more tentative, which is good since I do go off a little bit. But there is a trust issue <because that is what I have traced it back to> not only with me, but in her world view in general. Don’t know if it is something that is going to be resolved, because as I like to say, ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ …

… it has worked for her, no question about it … so why would she change or alter what she does ..? She has no problems with the results … so she won’t alter it … even for me …

No comments: