Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FILLING OUT MY OBLIGATION!!



...AND NOW, FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT




I remember getting nominated for stuff before, but I don't have them adding 'flair' to my blog. Not because I don't care for them or anything. It is because I don't rightly know how to permanently add things like that. The couple of things that I do have up I don't think I could do it again if you paid me!




So hats off to Miss Alaineus for nominating me for this award. And a no prize to whoever can tell me how to permanently add the award to my blog!!


ON WITH THE SHOW


1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. Check!!

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. Copy that!!

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. As it is written... it has been done!!

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

Seven interesting things about me?? Not that I am that modest but I don't know if anyone would find anything I have done, 'interesting'.

1. Uh, when I was a bonnie wee lad, I used to put on my Mom's dresses and play with the eldest girl in my family, Jan. No, I am not gay but my brother is. That is why I have always thought of it as being a genetic thing. Screw that crap that Ted Haggard is trying to sell!

In fact, I do think there are prolly other genetic predispositions. There HAS to be one for evil and I am sure there are some people who are simply simple. Got to be an explanation for Michelle Bachman and people who think that Glen Beck has a clue of what he is talking about!

2. Boxing meant so much to me... I think it helped keep me from being caught up in urban crap that gets so many brothers 'in the system' with a criminal record. I was a decent enough amateur and a journeyman as a pro. But what a journey it was!! Took me to at least 8 different countries and I got access to a world that your average Joe never ever thought was possible.

3. I was an expert shot as a member of the Army! Yeah, I know right? If I didn't do that and repel from helicopters, I wouldn't have believed me either!!

4. All the being 'happy, happy, joy, joy' I think has started to catch up with me... hence the blahs I have been going thru the past few months. But I like to think of myself as a relentlessly positive person. I mean if you don't think you can do it, who is going to think you can? Whenever I get the chance to bring good cheer to someone, I do.

5. Daring v. Reckless..? I can't be objective enough to call that. Besides I am still in the 'being' of something. I'd have to really be at rest so that I can look back and say one way or the other. But generally if I say I am going to do something, then that is what I am going to do. Which leads me to...

6. Courage. I have that in abundance. Sure, if it came with better judgement, I'd be cooking with fire! But as it is, I think it does me just fine. It allows me to like and love as like and love flows through me. That to me is cool.

7. That I got game! I know, right?? Who would have thunk it... dweebish, lil' ol' me would grow up to be a reg'lar Georgie Porgie! The funny thing about it is, I think it grew as an extension of how I kept from getting beat up in school!

But in getting over myself, I do get that I prolly hurt a bunch of people. Still, when I sit up alone every then and now, thinking about the 'ol' run 'n shoot'...

**BONUS** Emily Gail used to run a 'Say Nice Things About Detroit' campaign... and unless you are from the Motor (or the very least, the Metro) that is what you BETTER do if you are in my face! Got something negative to say about the hometown, you better be smilin'!!

5 comments:

mrs.missalaineus said...

relentlessly postitive-- i like that turn of phrase.

thanks mark!


xxalainaxx

Unknown said...

I like that "relentlessly positive", too. And, as a boxer, you may appreciate that I grew up right down the street from Tony Zale, who was a friend of my Dad's, and I took boxing lessons from him when I was 10-12 years old, at the YMCA. He was, like you, relentlessly positive.

Princess said...

I wish the blog had a fb "like" button.Haha. I find you very interesting by the way ;)

Ken Riches said...

Well deserved my friend :o)

Unknown said...

Look at you doing a getting to know you meme thing! Most excellent!