Saturday, February 23, 2008

... operating at 95% capacity ..!

Remember when ..?

Alan Greenspan, who I thought was the master of global economy had said the US economy was full with 'irrational exuberance'?  I had that yesterday ... a couple of journals and a comment or two in mine really had me wanting to 'reach out' and hold the author's close for a moment.

While I have never 'wished' to be different, there are moments where I wish I could 'turn off' and just be among the sheep-like masses ... but I am over it now, so 'as you were' ...

DOCTOR'S VISIT

When the nurse came in and read my BP, I at first didn't know what she was saying ... the words sounded that foreign to me, it has be so long since I have heard a normal reading ... to hear 'six figures' is NOT out of the question.

Part of what makes me feel so attached to my health care is that relationship I have seems so sincere.  There have been visits where they have kept me at the clinic and call a bus to take me to hospital, one time one of the nurses from the clinic rode with me ..!

So to go from that to a benign, normal reading is just stunning.  Now I don't count the weight that they take at the clinic, as the environment doesn't have the controls ... for one, I was fully clothed ... but since they had me at 224 with my TWO jackets on as well as my being dressed I can just imagine how much I now weigh.

But I don't think that it is necessarily a 'good weight'  Though I have kept exercising, I haven't been eating normally and riding to the clinic, I felt weaker than normal.  But not weaker impaired.  I have relied upon my physical strength to carry me for quite awhile now ... it may be cool to adjust to being a 'smaller' cat ...

... Monday get my cholesterol tested ... good grade on that, and man how much better can things get?

My CD's ...

I am not good at searching things out on the internet, sorry.  I am an old school shopper where I like to track and find my bargains.  For instance, I would like to find some CD carriers.  I have well over 700 CD's.  I plan on getting an IPOD for the stuff on the computer, but I want to keep the physical CD collection that I have. 

I can find a way to store the cover art, but the cases have to go.  I don't know what it is I am asking for, but I will know it when I see it.

Typing Test

I have been fumbling through an online typing test, starting to finally get some improvement.  Don't expect to reach my peak speeds in the low 80's ... but if I can put together something consistent ... I can delude myself into thinking that I may get back into the clerical field! 

Please, don't ask me why I have wanted to be a secretary ..!  I just don't know ..!  I wonder if my BFF could find something around our office for me to do part time ... that would be super kung-fu ginchy cool ..!

The Big Finish

No 'big finish' today ... kind of just segue back into being normal ..!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Health...amazing that so many people take it for granted, but when you don't have it, or its lacking, dang, you sure feel it!  I do believe your fitness path is helping you..lots!  The key to opimal health and wellness is physical, emotional and spiritual.  I haven't been reading you for very long, but I see you on the path to getting there (wherever there may be).  Continued luck on your journey, my friend!
xoxo ~Myra  

Anonymous said...

aerobic exercise, as you know, is great for controlling blood pressure, so is healthy living and losing weight; glad to see your numbers are in the normal range, so many people younger and younger are being diagnosed with hypertension, its not funny

I bet your cholesterol reading will be a good one too with your diet/running

Clueless what to do with the CDs; we just keeping weeding ours down every time we move and try not to buy a whole bunch nowadays

betty