Wednesday, January 30, 2008

... it was a dark and stormy night

... no really, it IS ..!

Guilty pleasure Tuesday ..!

I really enjoy the show 'The Biggest Loser'.  Not only do I get tips on how to improve my workout, but I love seeing the transformative powers of becoming more physically fit.  I do think that I could help transform someone ... that is why I put my little workout tips out here ... and if I could pick someone to train me, I would pick Jillian, not because she is tough and hard, not even because she is super hot ... but because the way that she incorperates boxing moves into her fitness program.

Every thing she does is textbook.  From the way she hold the punching mitts, to how she has taught the contestants to throw punches.  She could work a pro boxer out with what she does.  I like that she is committed to that particular aspect of her program.  Makes me respect her and her ability to get the most out of me even more.

Not that Bob is not good.  He had that big guy doing the yoga ... but there is something about the show that has mystfied me ... how some folks weigh in so badly ... you know what I mean, small weight loss, tonight episode had weight GAINS ... I don't get it ... they are in an enviroment that is condusive to only fitness and weight loss.  Even though it takes a second to kick up that metabolism, I am thinking that because their calorie consumption is measure out for them, unless they can sneak a tastycake in, they should be losing weight ...

... number 2

The show on Bravo, "The Millionaire Matchmaker' is one that I am a fan of.  Patti, the matchmaker, is very straight to the point in assessing the men and the women.  This particular episode, the two guys are contrasts in that they look totally oposite from how I would have pegged them.  The one cat, Julien looks like he would be more socially adroit ... but his growth is retarded.  He lives in a house with some of his old college mates, and you wouldn't know he is a millionaire.

The other guy, Jeff reminds me of Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines!  There is a connection made to him and Chriss Angel, the magician.  Despite his extrovert appearance, IMO, he runs from relationships by being too busy for one.  It showed up to me, when he met his date and had a really good time.  Instead of wanting to call her up and make another date, he was going to let some time pass, so he wouldn't seem like he was pressuring the girl.

Patti said something that I think a lot of single women could use ... she said the difference between NYC guys and Cali guys is that NYC guys go after it ... they hunt.  And 'he who hunts, is he who gets'.

You know, just like I think I could be a good fitness trainer, I think that I could be matchmaker for women ... finding them cool and eligible men to develop relationships with.  That would be super cool ..!

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark, you can be my matchmaker anytime, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of the Millionaire matchmaker; I'll have to check that show out; sounds interesting!

betty

Anonymous said...

I watched the Biggest Loser tonight for the first time, so I'm not sure who you're talking about per se, but I did see the one lady who didn't lose, and the guy who gained!!  I have to tell you, when I work out, I gain weight too!  I can feel my clothes looser, and I feel toned, but the number on the scale doesn't budge or goes up a lb or two.  I'm watching my carb intake more, so maybe that'll make a difference.
xoxo ~Myra

Anonymous said...

I've watched the Biggest Loser from the first season it started. It's amazing watching some of the transformations take place. The one thing they keep saying, it's not a diet it's a lifestyle change....It's definitely a motivational show...(Hugs) Indigo